Groups

Moving Sky box across Living room ?

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

My living room is about 25m2 and I would like to move my sky plus box across the room. I have uploaded a simple diagram here.

img8.imageshack.us/img…png

Would this be an easy job if I just got some new cables off ebay?

7 Comments

Yeh easy job.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6900/skydiagram.png

where is the sky dish in relation? would it be possible to reroute the cable externally?

if you have a maplins or similar shop near you it might pay to pop in as they will have the proper connecters to extend you cable

Original Poster

harlzter;5662513

where is the sky dish in relation? would it be possible to reroute the … where is the sky dish in relation? would it be possible to reroute the cable externally?

If you look at the diagram is outside the old Tv position. I dont know If I fancy doing it outside. I was hoping to re wire inside

Would it be OK to cut the existing cables and put new ends on them?

Cos2k3;5662638

If you look at the diagram is outside the old Tv position. I dont know If … If you look at the diagram is outside the old Tv position. I dont know If I fancy doing it outside. I was hoping to re wire insideWould it be OK to cut the existing cables and put new ends on them?

I saw thats where it came in, but not neccesarily where the dish is mounted as ours is round the back just above the back windows in the living room but goes around the front and comes in near the front windows so takes a detour of about 70 feet whereas if we had the Tv at the other end we could lop 40 plus feet off!!!
    Sat cables are fine outside. Easier to route and no need to have them unsightly.

DAMNOME;5662442

what a strange living room,,do you sit on the floor?

:thinking::thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tower Hill - Explosion reported..44
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767500
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407
      4. Bearded chat1224

See more discussions