Moving Sky To Another Room

Found 4th May 2011
I presently have sky multiroom in my conservatory and would like to move it to one of the back bedrooms of my house.
I think the re-istallation costs sky charge are £60.
Is this a simple think to do myself?
Do I just need some cable and a hole through the wall of the upstairs bedroom lol?
If so could someone give me a link to the type of cable I need
Thanks
Community Updates
MiscSky
5 Comments
You need co-axial cable; available at B&Q or Screw-Fix and some F-plugs again from B&Q or Screw-Fix.

Make sure you've got enough outputs on your LNB (that's the bit of the Sky Dish where the cables come out of). If you've got multi-room, you've probably got four outputs already, which means you can simply unscrew the cable for the conservatory and screw in the new cable for the bedroom.

I am assuming you've got Sky+ in both rooms; you need two outputs/cables per Sky+ box.

Hope it helps.

Yeah got multiroom so should be ok.
Thanks so much for your help

tpol

You need co-axial cable; available at B&Q or Screw-Fix and some F-plugs … You need co-axial cable; available at B&Q or Screw-Fix and some F-plugs again from B&Q or Screw-Fix.Make sure you've got enough outputs on your LNB (that's the bit of the Sky Dish where the cables come out of). If you've got multi-room, you've probably got four outputs already, which means you can simply unscrew the cable for the conservatory and screw in the new cable for the bedroom.I am assuming you've got Sky+ in both rooms; you need two outputs/cables per Sky+ box.Hope it helps.

Try MAPLINS too, i did exactly the same thing at minimum cost

Maplins just round corner...will do thanks

clarkeyboy170

Try MAPLINS too, i did exactly the same thing at minimum cost

Hi, did this work? Was you able to move it yourself?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants