Groups

Moving Sky To Another Room

I presently have sky multiroom in my conservatory and would like to move it to one of the back bedrooms of my house.
    I think the re-istallation costs sky charge are £60.
    Is this a simple think to do myself?
    Do I just need some cable and a hole through the wall of the upstairs bedroom lol?
    If so could someone give me a link to the type of cable I need
    Thanks

5 Comments

You need co-axial cable; available at B&Q or Screw-Fix and some F-plugs again from B&Q or Screw-Fix.

Make sure you've got enough outputs on your LNB (that's the bit of the Sky Dish where the cables come out of). If you've got multi-room, you've probably got four outputs already, which means you can simply unscrew the cable for the conservatory and screw in the new cable for the bedroom.

I am assuming you've got Sky+ in both rooms; you need two outputs/cables per Sky+ box.

Hope it helps.

Original Poster

Yeah got multiroom so should be ok.
    Thanks so much for your help

tpol

You need co-axial cable; available at B&Q or Screw-Fix and some F-plugs … You need co-axial cable; available at B&Q or Screw-Fix and some F-plugs again from B&Q or Screw-Fix.Make sure you've got enough outputs on your LNB (that's the bit of the Sky Dish where the cables come out of). If you've got multi-room, you've probably got four outputs already, which means you can simply unscrew the cable for the conservatory and screw in the new cable for the bedroom.I am assuming you've got Sky+ in both rooms; you need two outputs/cables per Sky+ box.Hope it helps.

Try MAPLINS too, i did exactly the same thing at minimum cost

Original Poster

Maplins just round corner...will do thanks

clarkeyboy170

Try MAPLINS too, i did exactly the same thing at minimum cost

Hi, did this work? Was you able to move it yourself?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4542119
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions