Groups

Mozilla Firefox Question ....

Hi everyone, hope someone can help because I'm going round the bend with this!!!

I use Firefox when I'm using quidco and every time I go onto Tesco website I have problems either adding things to my basket or viewing my basket. A pop up window comes up with the title "Opening default.aspx" and asks what I want Firefox to do with it .....either "Open with" or "Save File" ..... does anyone know what I "open with" please?

Thanks x

12 Comments

try opening with another Firefox browser

Original Poster

Thanks Birdyboyuk, I tried clicking onto opening with firefox but another window pops up saying that it was starting download but nothing happened, don't know if it froze so just closed it. I'm getting really fed up now

no.. just close the pop up message

its one of firefox safe browsing feature in which it doesnt automatically run programming scripts on every web page we visit.

anyway, just close the popup and refresh the page

bargainbetty;3675687

Thanks Birdyboyuk, I tried clicking onto opening with firefox but another … Thanks Birdyboyuk, I tried clicking onto opening with firefox but another window pops up saying that it was starting download but nothing happened, don't know if it froze so just closed it. I'm getting really fed up now

I don't use Firefox, so just guessed! lol

Try nuabdi's idea...

The Tesco website does this with me all the time, put simply - it's a carp site.

it happens once - twice with me before. but it stopped now.
    unfortunately, I cant remember what changes i did to the firefox settings... sorry

Banned

never got tescos site to work with FF so I use IE. only time I do use IE is for tescos and quidco cos its just plain carp!

I have to use Internet Explorer on the Tesco site as well.

I had the exact same problem until I downloaded ]THIS

Its just a button that you add to your toolbar, click through to tesco and then click that button and it accesses it through internet explorer.

Should stop the problem, but still be as fast as using firefox.

Original Poster

Thanks so much everyone. Will try EVERYTHING you suggested. Rep left xxxx

I have the same problem when trying to use the Tesco website too!

I have to use Internet Explorer for Tesco now

kelly_o_fanatic;3676692

I had the exact same problem until I downloaded ]THISIts just a button … I had the exact same problem until I downloaded ]THISIts just a button that you add to your toolbar, click through to tesco and then click that button and it accesses it through internet explorer. Should stop the problem, but still be as fast as using firefox.

i use this too.

better than switching to IE everytime
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …255854
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1024
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846320
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33168

See more discussions