Groups

MP Expenses Interactive Map - See expenses claim of any Consticuency

See link below

37 Comments

Original Poster

msn.shoothill.com/

Unfortunately it doesn't list specific claim details like that in the Telegraph

To find your local MP and write to them click below:
    findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Banned

I just dont get it. The guy in my constituency makes a big play on the fact he is a local - and we are just a 30 minute train journey away from Westminster.

Why the hell does he need to claim £20Kpa for a second home? Luxury Villa in Spain perhaps?

have you written asking why? guv

i am waiting on our mp to reply to mine - i want to know how her office expenses are 90k+ when local office is only open 2 hrs a week - i also asked what salaries and are there any family members on payroll.....i will find out ... eventually

Constituency: Lancaster and Wyre
    MP: Wallace, Mr Ben
    Party: CON
    Expenses
    Second Home: £23,083
    London Supplement: £0
    Office: £20,607
    Staffing: £90,825
    Stationery: £619
    IT Provision: £939
    Staff Cover: £9,512
    Communication: £9,749
    Travel: £17,924
    Total Expenses: £175,523

Constituency: Gedling
    MP: Coaker, Mr Vernon
    Party: LAB
    Expenses
    Second Home: £12,404
    Office: £24,011
    Staffing: £86,929
    Stationery: £1,380
    IT Provision: £1,196
    Staff Cover: £0
    Communication: £9,803
    Travel: £9,135
    Total Expenses: £148,767

My MP's been in office for over 20yrs!

Constituency: Truro and St Austell
    MP: Taylor, Matthew
    Party: LD
    Expenses
    Office: £21,297
    Staffing: £87,392
    Stationery: £919
    IT Provision: £1,156
    Staff Cover: £1,869
    Communication: £9,223
    Travel: £13,755

Total Expenses: £162,040 + Wages for 20 Years = 4-5 million!?

Original Poster

To find your local MP and write to them click below:
    findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Personally this makes alot of sense to me, MPs getting to claim what they like, when they like, any inconvenience of having to trep down to London for their Parliamentary duties being like a mini holiday living in luxury.

The entire system is setup as a gentlemans club living off the taxpayer.

The Australian/New Zealand system seems interesting, massive block of flats opposite the Houses of Government all costs properly capped (none of this John Lewis business) and any rent comes straight from Gov and does NOT go through any MPs.

No major costs such as these should have monies passing through the claimant in the 1st place. Bypass them alltogether imo.

Trouble is schizoboy, If you put all the MP's in one Block, it would make it easy for terrorists to kill them all in one go.

:prop:

Now, where's an Estate Agent when you need one!

Oh well, better keep letting them do it then. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5277522

Who cares, you'd all do exactly the same if you could, bunch of … Who cares, you'd all do exactly the same if you could, bunch of hypocrites.

Of course we would, I don't think the issue is that we're so much superior to the MPs

The issue is that the MPs were not properly held accountable like any normal employee would be to their company when it comes to expenses and allowances. And as such took liberties, which as you said, we'd all do the same.

Unfortunately the MPs are using taxpayer money on an old and corrupt system.

I have and will criticise this old and bad system without being a hypocrite.

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat;5277442

Trouble is schizoboy, If you put all the MP's in one Block, it would make … Trouble is schizoboy, If you put all the MP's in one Block, it would make it easy for terrorists to kill them all in one go.:prop:Now, where's an Estate Agent when you need one!

The Gov is apprantely printing money to buy assets off banks so that the banks have more money to lend etc.

They can surely buy a nice large residential block within 10minutes of parliament for all 600+ MPs to use. Any staff should never ever be family, offices should never ever be at home or be related to any family whatsoever. pretty simple.

I'd love to know how other countries deal with this.

Banned

My local MP has published his expenses fully on his website for the past 5 years.

He gets a bit angry at his colleagues here:

telegraph.co.uk/new…tml

Original Poster

vibeone;5278402

My local MP has published his expenses fully on his website for the past … My local MP has published his expenses fully on his website for the past 5 years.He gets a bit angry at his colleagues here:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5319553/Right-to-reply-John-Mann-MP-for-Bassetlaw.html

I imagine any MP with the slightest bit of public savvy would of published their expenses before this exploded, but more importantly, publishing the details themselves alongside the reasons for those claims which the Telegraph did not have meaning people jumped to all sorts of conclusions where no wrongdoing really occured.

The uber bad apples seem to be have quit, there will be a nice slew of by-elections soon as a result, but theres still quite a few left

Banned

dcx_badass;5277522

Who cares, you'd all do exactly the same if you could, bunch of … Who cares, you'd all do exactly the same if you could, bunch of hypocrites.

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't either.

Constituency: Cornwall North
    MP: Rogerson, Dan
    Party: LD
    Expenses
    Second Home: £22,931
    Office: £13,432
    Staffing: £87,905
    Stationery: £754
    IT Provision: £966
    Staff Cover: £305
    Communication: £9,780
    Travel: £12,681
    Total Expenses: £150,809

The only way forwards is for the constituency to have an office staffed by civil servants and for MP's to only be allowed to rent a second home, for a kick off..

chesso;5279329

I wouldn't either. Constituency: Cornwall North MP: Rogerson, Dan Party: … I wouldn't either. Constituency: Cornwall North MP: Rogerson, Dan Party: LD Expenses Second Home: £22,931 London Supplement: £0 Office: £13,432 Staffing: £87,905 Stationery: £754 IT Provision: £966 Staff Cover: £305 Communication: £9,780 Travel: £12,681 Total Expenses: £150,809 The only way forwards is for the constituency to have an office staffed by civil servants and for MP's to only be allowed to rent a second home, for a kick off..

Yeah but then they would buy the property in familys name and rent it off themselves for inflated price!! I think it needs to be a system where the property is bought and maintained by an office specifically for the purpose(acting like a letting agent in effect), I like the idea of an apartment block but understand the terrorist threat, so maybe houses/apartments bought scattered around.

kidcat;5279374

Yeah but then they would buy the property in familys name and rent it off … Yeah but then they would buy the property in familys name and rent it off themselves for inflated price!! I think it needs to be a system where the property is bought and maintained by an office specifically for the purpose(acting like a letting agent in effect), I like the idea of an apartment block but understand the terrorist threat, so maybe houses/apartments bought scattered around.

Good points.
    Isn't it a dreadful state that we've reached when we expect our MPs to behave in such a perfidious way?
    The problem I see with state/gov appartments is that they'll start doing them up like they do the present offices with hand-made embossed wall paper and so on.

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;5280129

right guys how do you find out what your local MP has spent?? love to … right guys how do you find out what your local MP has spent?? love to know this as our local MP spends more time in Iraq then she does in RCT

[url]www.telegraph.co.uk[/url] ?

Constituency: Brentwood and Ongar
    MP: Pickles, Mr Eric
    Party: CON
    Expenses
    Second Home: £13,689
    Office: £16,579
    Staffing: £88,892
    Stationery: £496
    IT Provision: £1,146
    Communication: £9,944
    Travel: £4,502

Total Expenses: £135,829

Constituency: East Antrim
    MP: Wilson, Sammy
    Party: DUP
    Expenses
    Second Home: £14,557
    Office: £19,154
    Staffing: £88,089
    Stationery: £631
    IT Provision: £1,355
    Communication: £9,931
    Travel: £20,975
    20,000 copies of Sammy's Big Book O' Laffs - by Samuel Wilson: £10,000

Total Expenses: £166,932

Banned

schizoboy;5278893

I imagine any MP with the slightest bit of public savvy would of … I imagine any MP with the slightest bit of public savvy would of published their expenses before this exploded, but more importantly, publishing the details themselves alongside the reasons for those claims which the Telegraph did not have meaning people jumped to all sorts of conclusions where no wrongdoing really occured.The uber bad apples seem to be have quit, there will be a nice slew of by-elections soon as a result, but theres still quite a few left

Yeah... annoyingly the MP I'm talking about is John Mann - labour candidate for Bassetlaw. Annoying because theres no way I can vote labour next time round. Its local vs bigger picture. No more Gordon Brown for me.

Banned

dcx_badass;5277522

I don't know if everyone would, but there's a certain amount of hypocrisy surrounding this whole thing.

I remember interviewing Elliott Morley for a Journalist course at college 12 years ago. I always thought there was something fishy about him as he didn't wear any socks. Maybe he wasn't aware you could claim for them on expenses?

(He's the one that was claiming expenses for his mortgage after it had been paid off)

Sounds plausible actually, If he forgets to put socks on, he's equally on target to forget the mortgage.

I have a son like that, he might be a Politician one day!

vibeone;5281290

Yeah... annoyingly the MP I'm talking about is John Mann - labour … Yeah... annoyingly the MP I'm talking about is John Mann - labour candidate for Bassetlaw. Annoying because theres no way I can vote labour next time round. Its local vs bigger picture. No more Gordon Brown for me.

Yeah, I agree mate. In the grander scheme, you have to lodge the protest vote no matter how good your Labour local councillers are. That is, of course, if you want a general election to vote these buffoons out of their tower. Anything resembling a good result for Brown and his cronies will be quickly moulded to look like a mandate from the people.
    Considering that no-one has ever voted for a Gordon Brown led govt, it is our divine bloody right to have a general election! :x
    A bad result for Labour will quickly spark a leadership contest.

Banned

Scribbles;5283205

Yeah, I agree mate. In the grander scheme, you have to lodge the protest … Yeah, I agree mate. In the grander scheme, you have to lodge the protest vote no matter how good your Labour local councillers are. That is, of course, if you want a general election to vote these buffoons out of their tower. Anything resembling a good result for Brown and his cronies will be quickly moulded to look like a mandate from the people.Considering that no-one has ever voted for a Gordon Brown led govt, it is our divine bloody right to have a general election! :xA bad result for Labour will quickly spark a leadership contest.

Not really. An election could be nice though so we can vote for the other party who will do exactly the same things.

FilthAndFurry;5283217

Not really. An election could be nice though so we can vote for the other … Not really. An election could be nice though so we can vote for the other party who will do exactly the same things.

I wouldn't say that at all mate. People are fed up with 11 years of election bribes from this Labour govt, any generocity is no more than eye candy for the electorate. Tony Blair's pledge to not raise taxes, merely to turn that pledge about face after the win, was enough for me. Followed by an Iraq war that no-one wanted, and the govt lies and deceit to get their wish. Look at Peter Mandelson as one of many prime examples. The guy gets fired TWICE and he is STILL in the game! No-one seems to be accountable for their actions in this administration.
    I for one will not stand for another 4 years of Labour rule. Nothing to do with the expenses thing, it's the fact that power breeds corruption and the fact that anything given now will most definately be taken back in kind after an election win. These people MUST be told that govt are solely there to serve the people, the people most definately do not serve the govt.
    I can't say that Cameron would be any different, but change is a good thing. No-one should judge Cameron for stuff he has not done yet. I can be 100% sure that 4 years of a fresh new Conservative govt would be leaps and bounds better than 4 years of a stale and discredited Labour govt.

Banned

Scribbles;5283462

I wouldn't say that at all mate. People are fed up with 11 years of … I wouldn't say that at all mate. People are fed up with 11 years of election bribes from this Labour govt, any generocity is no more than eye candy for the electorate. Tony Blair's pledge to not raise taxes, merely to turn that pledge about face after the win, was enough for me. Followed by an Iraq war that no-one wanted, and the govt lies and deceit to get their wish. Look at Peter Mandelson as one of many prime examples. The guy gets fired TWICE and he is STILL in the game! No-one seems to be accountable for their actions in this administration.I for one will not stand for another 4 years of Labour rule. Nothing to do with the expenses thing, it's the fact that power breeds corruption and the fact that anything given now will most definately be taken back in kind after an election win. These people MUST be told that govt are solely there to serve the people, the people most definately do not serve the govt.I can't say that Cameron would be any different, but change is a good thing. No-one should judge Cameron for stuff he has not done yet. I can be 100% sure that 4 years of a new Conservative govt would be leaps and bounds better than 4 years of a stale and discredited Labour govt.

Coservatives went along with the Iraq war and this financial mess can be traced back to the deregulation of the banking sector in the 1980s, although it is still a worldwide economic mess.

Cameron's saying all the nice things and my view is that if you're going to have a government lie to you, at least let it be as painless as possible.

This government has lost all credibility though, just like the one before it. We'll have at least two terms of Conservative rule and then back the other way. Shame the Lib Dems don't have a shot at winning, because Vince Cable has been spot on throughout and even came out of the scandals pretty clean.

Makes no sense. Labour are rubbish, Tories aren't much better - why not give the new guys a shot?

FilthAndFurry;5283529

... Shame the Lib Dems don't have a shot at winning, because Vince Cable … ... Shame the Lib Dems don't have a shot at winning, because Vince Cable has been spot on throughout and even came out of the scandals pretty clean. Makes no sense. Labour are rubbish, Tories aren't much better - why not give the new guys a shot?

I fully agree. But while Joe Public won't give the LibDems a shot we have to persevere with a two party system. I'd vote LibDem in a flash if I knew my vote wasn't going to be a waste of my time.
    If they are ever gonna get in, this will be their opportunity though. If they were up there in the polls i'd deffo give them a chance and vote for them. A conservative vote, for me, would merely be a vehicle to getting rid of the current bad smell at Westminster. I am not a tory boy, no way. But until Labour step back 20 years with their manifesto, I have no choice.

Banned

Scribbles;5284301

I fully agree. But while Joe Public won't give the LibDems a shot we … I fully agree. But while Joe Public won't give the LibDems a shot we have to persevere with a two party system. I'd vote LibDem in a flash if I knew my vote wasn't going to be a waste of my time.If they are ever gonna get in, this will be their opportunity though. If they were up there in the polls i'd deffo give them a chance and vote for them. A conservative vote, for me, would merely be a vehicle to getting rid of the current bad smell at Westminster. I am not a tory boy, no way. But until Labour step back 20 years with their manifesto, I have no choice.

Maybe Vince can sway a few voters tonight:thumbsup:

Constituency: North Antrim
    MP: Paisley, Rt Hon Dr Ian
    Party: DUP
    Expenses
    Second Home: £18,136
    Office: £26,084
    Staffing: £85,760
    Stationery: £305
    IT Provision: £0
    Communication: £0
    Travel: £7,668

Total Expenses: £139,565

the amount claimed dosent mean much to me without knowing first of all, how much is acceptable? i dont know if my local mp has scammed or not - he hs claimed over 157k - i noticed it says staffing on the list of expences, so is this over the ''acceptable'' amaout?

There was a colour chart with the map, which seemed to say that anything yellow (about 100K - 120K) I think was acceptable but red (170K) was too high.

We have 4 MP's for Wirral, considering we are a peninsula 7 miles wide and 10 miles long, this is rediculous...... only one of these MP's really represents the people and that is Frank Field. Stephen Hesford who is for my area, never holds surgery, and I shall be writing to him to ask why he claims so much... I shall also be using this to convince my friends he isn't the best man for the job.

Constituency: Wirral West
    MP: Hesford, Stephen
    Expenses
    Second Home: £21,665
    Office: £27,038
    Staffing: £83,825
    Stationery: £1,638
    IT Provision: £1,129
    Communication: £9,774
    Travel: £16,442

Total Expenses: £166,866

Constituency: Wallasey
    MP: Eagle, Angela
    Expenses
    Second Home: £7,045
    Office: £19,116
    Staffing: £89,492
    Stationery: £1,062
    IT Provision: £1,204
    Staff Cover: £2,028
    Communication: £9,570
    Travel: £9,702

Total Expenses: £140,753

Constituency: Birkenhead
    MP: Field, Rt Hon Frank
    Expenses
    Second Home: £9,573
    Office: £8,242
    Staffing: £98,711
    Stationery: £567
    IT Provision: £1,214
    Communication: £6,663
    Travel: £9,236

Total Expenses: £135,595

Constituency: Wirral South
    MP: Chapman, Ben
    Expenses
    Office: £23,481
    Staffing: £81,197
    Stationery: £1,564
    IT Provision: £1,305
    Communication: £13,148
    Travel: £15,513

Total Expenses: £164,699

Original Poster

Question Time mentioned this, Including house of lords + house of parliament etc, we have £1,300 representatives, costing several million every year covering a small country like ours with only 60million.

vs.

America: many times larger, 250million people, 500 representatives.

Noone wants to admit it, but there needs to a massive change coming to the constitution, the rules the system etc. Neither Labour or Conservatives will bring it.

Banned

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8176/2mps.jpg

Constituency: Dartford
    MP: Stoate, Dr Howard
    Expenses
    Second Home: £17,883
    Office: £17,221
    Staffing: £93,371
    Stationery: £1,556
    IT Provision: £1,176
    Communication: £11,252
    Travel: £3,928

Total Expenses: £151,660
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards711
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814509
      3. Feels weird!920
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563820

See more discussions