1. Tes Deals
Groups

MP3 Not Dead as many sites reporting...

Many sites are reporting MP3 is officially dead..

That's not quite true..

howtogeek.com/307…ad/

22 Comments

PS. Vinyl isn't dead either.

fanpages

Questions whether you are talking about your album collection or your latest evening wear including whips etc

Original Poster

fanpages

​Yeah but it just never took off in cars..
    The 12" multi changer was a great concept..

fanpages

philphil61

Questions whether you are talking about your album collection or your … Questions whether you are talking about your album collection or your latest evening wear including whips etc

...or linoleum.

fanpages

Dawsy

Yeah but it just never took off in cars..The 12" multi changer was a … Yeah but it just never took off in cars..The 12" multi changer was a great concept..

The players used to exist for a few years, but heat inside vehicles during sunny weather soon warped the discs.

Article is factually incorrect. Being a former video encoding nut and knowing these things. Mpeg-1 video had Mpeg-1 layer 2 audio not layer 3 so isn't relevent. Yes it's in the spec but since it's not in the video cd spec it would never be used.

Websites running an article on the basic history can't even get the origins correct.

all my music is downloaded on to MP3. i am going to be completely lost. what format are music files going to be stored as?

mutley1

all my music is downloaded on to MP3. i am going to be completely lost. … all my music is downloaded on to MP3. i am going to be completely lost. what format are music files going to be stored as?

It does not matter what format you using as long as your player of choice can decode & play them.

The MP3 format is not going anywhere for some time.

mutley1

all my music is downloaded on to MP3. i am going to be completely lost. … all my music is downloaded on to MP3. i am going to be completely lost. what format are music files going to be stored as?

http://i.imgur.com/HlIUTey.gif
    Just keep your fingers crossed for calm days

Mp3 is far from dead.
    Vinyl has made a comeback, i'm waiting for cassette tapes to be back on the shelves soon

mutley1

I don't even know what to make of this comment...

MP3 is poopy pants.
    Get yourself some Opus audio.

Who said MP3 was dead?

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

Who said MP3 was dead?

bbc.co.uk/new…ife

mutley1

MP3

Dawsy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39934257/it-might-be-time-to-say-goodbye-to-the-mp3---so-lets-look-back-at-its-life

Oh, them X) Reckon they'll be dead before the MP3 is. Those in glasses houses, misery like company etc.

No new devices will not have the codec as they have ended licencing

MP3 dead? I didn't realise that they'd even been ill

Better headline would have been MPFree.

Shengis

Better headline would have been MPFree.

...or a headline as confusing as the confused journalists creating the articles:

"MP3 used a lot less & loses to free lossless format"

My Compact Discs were never alive, so I have nothing to add to this thread

Just use Spotify.

Also there are some fantastic (and free!) podcasts out there
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions