Groups
    EXPIRED

MP3 Or Ipod

My niece is 12 and has suddenly decided she wants an MP3 player or similar.

She has seen this one in Argos she likes,will post a link!

I own neither and know nothing about them.

Any recommendations on what would be best for her,is the one i've linked to decent enough,or should she go for an Ipod instead ?

Thanks for any advice :o)

12 Comments

Original Poster

Im an iPod guy myself, and dont usually get anythign other than apple when it comes to music, i just like having the knowledge i got a quality product, built to last, my current one is a ipod touch (i got the latest one recently, and selling ym odl ipod touch on ebay). Anyway, creative zen i havent used before, but i heard they quite reliable, cant garantee that myself but if she wants that then i guess you cant go wrong for a 16gb device at £70. Although if you can afford the extra price, an ipod nano would be much better as a product i would say

a lot to spend hon - nice and girly though

play have this one for quarter of price - not as much memory but enough for their music

hotukdeals.com/ite…-m/

Original Poster

Thats what i was thinking,its maybe a fad,so spending 70 quid isn't a good idea.

Although it is out of her own money that she has saved up.

Thanks,i will check your link out Holly.

Hun its not a fad lol, mp3/mp4 and ipod players are here to stay for at least the next decade im sure, its best you gets a good quality one first time round, otherwise she'll need to buy a new one when it breaks. (Im 16 so i can somewhat relate to her wanting a music player). Also you need at least a 16gb model these days, otherwise you wont be able to store enough of your music library and that leads to requiring a new one lol.

And sorry to say that £18 thingy from the link, looks terrible, wouldnt last more than 4months i guess lol

teshnit;5879976

Im an iPod guy myself, and dont usually get anythign other than apple … Im an iPod guy myself, and dont usually get anythign other than apple when it comes to music, i just like having the knowledge i got a quality product, built to last,

:lol: good one

I can tell you ipods have lasted me much longer than some of the other carp, the only one i havent tried is the zune, but i love my ipod touch too much to go a zune now

i have three kids and they will only have ipods and they have lasted well even going through washing machine a few times oops

Original Poster

I didn't mean an Mp3/Ipod is a fad lol

I meant it might be a fad for her,its something shes suddenly mentioned,like her DS which she no longer uses,that was a fad too,so i'm thinking its not wise to spend so much when shes never used one before etc

Oh right yeh i see you point, i remember my psp, begged my parents for it for literally months, used it for a max about 7months, been sitting somewhere in my room for about 2years

but i do have a feeling she'll stick to the ipod quite a bit longer than the ds

This one was reduced in price (half price?) last April - I was looking at it for my daughter. Just be aware that the price might well fall again

I also looking at MP3 players and the Sansa Clip was strongly recommended to me, plus they get good reviews.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Recommend a free reminder app57
      2. How to cancel Virgin Media?811
      3. O2 rewards signed up after top up, still ok?11
      4. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)911

See more discussions