Found 7th Jun 2008
Hi all. I've got a big pile of CDs in my lounge that takes up a lot of space. I'd rather have these packed away in the loft and use a good quality MP3-style player to play my music. I haven't got one at the moment so I'm going to need to rip my current collection to whatever format I go for.

So, the big question: which one should I go for? It would be one that pretty much stays in the lounge so I'm not too worried if it is a bit bulky. It would need a docking station to plug in to my existing amp/speakers. I'd quite like a big screen so I (and the mrs) can choose what to play easily. Creating playlist would also be good.

My bro has an iPod touch which looks very nice but it's not got a great deal of room. I'm also interested in the Archos 605 but I've not had a go with that. I quite like the idea of browsing the net with it to get new tracks online.

I've got a budget of £150-£200. Any advice welcome. If anyone has one to sell I may be interested.

Thanks.

3 Comments

go all out get a sonos, they are great! i have one and when ever anyone see's it they just cant put it down!

whats one of them got any pics ?

Original Poster

GIJimmy;2267330

go all out get a sonos, they are great! i have one and when ever anyone … go all out get a sonos, they are great! i have one and when ever anyone see's it they just cant put it down!

Never heard of the Sonos before but had a quick look and it looks very cool. And perhaps a wee bit pricey for me. Had a look at a review here: guardian.co.uk/tec…ogy

Maybe if I get a bonus this year...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.311
    2. Christmas presents613
    3. Mobile phone advice79
    4. dakine backpacks33

See more discussions