Groups

MP3 Players

I'm looking for a new mp3 player as my last one from argos just broke (it was only £19.99 and lasted almost 1.5 years :oops:)

anyway, as i hate apple, i've been having a look at some sony ones. their new S700 range appeals because of its noise canceling feature but i am a little skeptical - has anyone used one? does it work?

and does anyone have any other suggestions for a good, solid flash memory mp3 player ~£100 with 2GB or 4GB memory... rep waiting if you can suggest one I like

thanks!

11 Comments

not sure if this is any good for you, i dont know much about these, wont hurt to look tho good luck directtvs.co.uk/Ace…asp

]http//ww…843

looks a tidy piece of kit for the price ...are there still 10% off codes and free delivery ..and 3% quidco

This one has being getting some terrific reviews if you just want decent music and nothing else:

]http//ww…ics

There is a model up from this for a little more if you want a colour screen etc.

]http//ww…ics

You might get these a little cheaper if you shop around, but Amazon is great for the reviews!

Personally I just want the music and for that I haven't been able to beat the creative MuVo range. You can get these really cheaply now, but they only go up to 1gb. This is plenty for me and the single rechargeable AA battery lasts ages and it's cheap to get a few spares to carry around with you. I have had one of these for 2 years with no problems and an excellent sound quality.

I would say the mp3 player is only as good as the headphones. I have Sennheiser PX100 for everyday use and CX300's for when I need the sound isolated. Both are superb and very reasonably priced.

Hope this helps!

Original Poster

all great thank you!
    i was thinking, since i'm going away in a few days would it be a good idea to hang on and see if they have anything in duty free at the airport?

paperclip

all great thank you!i was thinking, since i'm going away in a few days … all great thank you!i was thinking, since i'm going away in a few days would it be a good idea to hang on and see if they have anything in duty free at the airport?

Where are you going paperclip?...shame it's not the USA cos you'd get a MP3 player at half the price they are here.

Original Poster

Qatar.....!

paperclip

Qatar.....!

nice one...so what are prices like there?

Original Poster

no idea :-D i meant at duty free shops at airports.... i'll have a look and let you know!

While I haven't been myself, I've been on the phone with 2 relatives in the last few days while they were in duty free (on my request after sending them uk sims they get free accomodation... :p) And everything seems stupidly overpriced or matched what I could quickly find in froogle while on the phone, prices seem pretty crappy really

after sending them uk sims they get free accomodation

Not sure what you are saying here schizoboy??...let us into the secret..if there is one?

Original Poster

lol i know... could do with free accomodation!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER810
      2. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?48
      3. Best laptop for a budget of £700?11
      4. Free EE data (contract)11

See more discussions