Groups

mp3 to replace touch

Since i bought my San Francisco, i have barely touched my ipod touch. i think i am going to replace it with a small mp3 player. can anyone advise on a nice cheap but well sounding mp3 player with decent memory or sd slot. Dont need pointing to deals, just models i can look at

9 Comments

Sansa Clip /thread

For sound quality and build I would choose Sony everytime. Bit behind on the latest releases so can't recommend a certain model. Also heard good reports about sansa clip though

Original Poster

That sansa clip looks a bit ugly lol. So many sonys out there. guess ill have a hunt through the bay

Get a Samsung Yepp YP-P3 ...
    I traded in my old Ipod Touch 8GB @ CEX for £82 and got an A-grade Sammy YEPP 32GB player for £100 from here
    ..fantastic little thing .. MP4 capability , BT connectivity .. full AVRCP control with bluetooth headset from here.
    by the way the equalizer & the plethora of other sound enhancements work over bluetooth ..you also get a built-in feature called "Vibewoofer" which makes the player vibrate in time to the music ...keep it in your top pocket & and "feel" the music ... I actually use mine for wirefree streaming when riding my trials bike as I don't want any entanglement when pulling off a move.
    When I'm not bouncing around I use a pair of Bose QC-15 cans ...sheer bliss
    p.s. for the bluetooth headset you can use a pair of shaped samsung earphones from here for excellent delivery...these earphones used to be supplied with the first gen Omnia's

Take a look at ones by Creative. They have good sound quality and I think some of them have a SD card slot

The silver /brushed alu version looks nice ..but CEX didn't have that so settled for a black one.. another place to look is Gumtree as there're always people selling Yepps on there
    .. Samsung have just released the YP-P4 as the Galaxy player 50 ( their direct response to the ipod like the iphone without the phone bit)
    .. the phone radio's been replace with a DVB tuner instead .. and the screen's around 4" I think ..runs android.. but a bit big for me

ps the YP-P3 also has a small built-in speaker

Original Poster

darklight

Get a Samsung Yepp YP-P3 ... I traded in my old Ipod Touch 8GB @ CEX … Get a Samsung Yepp YP-P3 ... I traded in my old Ipod Touch 8GB @ CEX for £82 and got an A-grade Sammy YEPP 32GB player for £100 from here ..fantastic little thing .. MP4 capability , BT connectivity .. full AVRCP control with bluetooth headset from here.by the way the equalizer & the plethora of other sound enhancements work over bluetooth ..you also get a built-in feature called "Vibewoofer" which makes the player vibrate in time to the music ...keep it in your top pocket & and "feel" the music ... I actually use mine for wirefree streaming when riding my trials bike as I don't want any entanglement when pulling off a move. When I'm not bouncing around I use a pair of Bose QC-15 cans ...sheer blissp.s. for the bluetooth headset you can use a pair of shaped samsung earphones from [url=here]here[/url] for excellent delivery...these earphones used to be supplied with the first gen Omnia's

too much for me. im looking at £30 or so. only for bus journeys to work.

In my opinion anything below the touch from apple is not worth it. I'd definitely go for Sony or Samsung I've had a lot of experience with MP3 players.

I had a great little piece of equipment for £30 or so. This one reviews.cnet.com/mp3…tml.
    Edited by: "Met-Cast" 31st Oct 2010

Original Poster

Met-Cast

In my opinion anything below the touch from apple is not worth it. I'd … In my opinion anything below the touch from apple is not worth it. I'd definitely go for Sony or Samsung I've had a lot of experience with MP3 players.I had a great little piece of equipment for £30 or so. This one http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sony-nwz-s616f-4gb/4505-6490_7-32591622.html.

hmm. looks nice. i will have to see what the nearest cex has. i can get £101 exchange for my touch with them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions