Wireless camera that can connect to a synology nas?

Posted 26th Sep
Does anybody know a good wireless battery powered camera compatible with SYNOLOGY NAS?

Community Updates
Misc

Groups

4 Comments
Is anybody knows a good wireless battery powered camera compatible with SYNOLOGY NAS?
Any ONVIF compatible camera will work with a Synology NAS, not sure you can even get a wireless battery powered camera can you? I can't see the batteries lasting very long.
paulj4826/09/2019 20:00

Any ONVIF compatible camera will work with a Synology NAS, not sure you …Any ONVIF compatible camera will work with a Synology NAS, not sure you can even get a wireless battery powered camera can you? I can't see the batteries lasting very long.

There's a glut of wireless battery powered cams on Amazon claiming 6months+ operation on one charge, but not ONVIF compatible. Random example of no use to OP claiming one year operation:
amazon.co.uk/Wir…14/
AndyRoyd27/09/2019 03:52

There's a glut of wireless battery powered cams on Amazon claiming …There's a glut of wireless battery powered cams on Amazon claiming 6months+ operation on one charge, but not ONVIF compatible. Random example of no use to OP claiming one year operation:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Rechargeable-Waterrproof-Wire-Free-Surveillance/dp/B07RZBSJ14/

Ah ok, these seem to be cameras that are in standby until they're woken up by a PIR due to movement. I cant really see those being much use as by the time they've reacted to the movement half the useful footage will have been missed. I'm presuming they're not ONVIF compatible as they're unable to supply a constant video stream as they're always 'sleeping'
Edited by: "paulj48" 27th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants