MS Excel 2010 Book/s Recommendations?

3 replies
Found 31st Oct 2010
Hiya peeps,

I've recently purchased and installed MS Office 2010. I am looking to brush up my excel skills and looking for a decent book to buy. Can anyone recommend a decent book/ guide?

My excel skills isn't too bad but I want to learn more of what 2010 has to offer and also start using macros and VBA.

3 Comments

im looking for the same thing just looked at the microsoft office 2010 for dummies but there seems to be several editions, hopefully there will be some good comments in here.

Best place is to look online.

Original Poster

bit of a late response by me, but i've found this:

amazon.co.uk/Exc…8-4

Did a bit of research and the author is one of the best in business. You can check out a few pages of the book and it seems good.
Not going to sound big headed but I don't think the dummies guide has enough detail for me to be able to develop my skills, i will probably need a new book. I checked outed the 2007 guide in WHSmith and it didn't seem enough.

DarkKnight, I know there are plenty of forums but they are usually people who will help you find a solution to a problem. I need to learn more about excel and what it can do, this will give me ideas to set up things up. Cheers anyway

Oh another thing, the author of the book in my link has another book for VBA and Macros too. I think that one is going to have to wait
Edited by: "Kirajai" 2nd Nov 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray11
    2. Best Way to Cook Pheasant Breasts?33
    3. Wireless earphones57
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?44

See more discussions