Groups

MS Excel Help Please

Afternoon All,

I need some MS Excel help please...

I have four colums (2005, 2006 2007 etc)

what i need to do is to have an if statement to say the following:

If 2005 is null and 2006, 2007, 2008 etc is null then show as inactive, or if 2005 is not null but 2006, 2007 etc is null then show as in active...

hope that makes sense...

I would say rep left for any help...but i just noticed the rep function no longer exists..

5 Comments

by "inactive" what do you mean? send me it over and i'll take a look. Sounds like a simple IF statement is needed (possibly Nested IF!)

Original Poster

Disco

by "inactive" what do you mean? send me it over and i'll take a look. … by "inactive" what do you mean? send me it over and i'll take a look. Sounds like a simple IF statement is needed (possibly Nested IF!)

When i say inactive its just a word i want to put into a cell....so i just want to know if a customer is an active or an inactive customer...

i wont be able to send over the data as its work related

Assuming u have the years in row 1
    | A | B | C | D | E |
    | 1 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | |
    | 2 | | | | | X |

Put this formula where X is

=IF(ISBLANK(A2)+ISBLANK(B2)+ISBLANK(C2)+ISBLANK(D2)=4,"Inactive","Active")

If the cell is blank, it will return 1, 0 if there is something in the cell... if you have more complicated logic, then you'll have to put nested if's!

Couldn't see edit button, so here's the table spaced out a bit more:

|---|---A--|---B--|---C--|---D--|---E--|
    |-1-|2005|2006|2007|2008|____|
    |-2-|____|____|____|____|--XX--|

Ambdon

Assuming u have the years in row 1| A | B | C | D | E || 1 | 2005 | 2006 … Assuming u have the years in row 1| A | B | C | D | E || 1 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | || 2 | | | | | X |Put this formula where X is=IF(ISBLANK(A2)+ISBLANK(B2)+ISBLANK(C2)+ISBLANK(D2)=4,"Inactive","Active")If the cell is blank, it will return 1, 0 if there is something in the cell... if you have more complicated logic, then you'll have to put nested if's!

You can also use the following that will be quicker to calculate:
    =IF(AND(ISBLANK(A2),ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2),ISBLANK(D2)),"inactive","active")

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial78
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1328
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764334

See more discussions