Groups

MSE showing as having a virus with Kapersky

Hello,

Just went to moneysavingexpert and my virus checker (kapersky) says it has a trojan and blocks it. Anyone else want to check? I did it on laptop and PC. Should email them really, but dont have their contact details...

14 Comments

Okay here ,

Original Poster

Its HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6815786

Okay here ,

I go to the homepage and get it. What a/v are you using?

fine for me

Babbler;6815791

I go to the homepage and get it. What a/v are you using?

Avg ,Try scanning your PC as you could be getting redirected,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6815801

Avg ,Try scanning your PC as you could be getting redirected,

I have scanned my PC - its only that webpage. Kapersky did update yesterday so maybe a new defenition is wrong? Its on 2 PCs in my house (laptop and PC) using Kapersky.

Fine for me using Avira

Original Poster

Hmmm... possibly false positive then, alhough kap may know something others dont. :P - anyone else got Kap to try it? Im sure its fine and just a new script they added or something yesterday...

It looks like at least one other person has had this problem but this was on 3rd November so it's not due to a recent update

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…285

SuperEd

avg here and no problems

Original Poster

barneydog;6815892

It looks like at least one other person has had this problem but this was … It looks like at least one other person has had this problem but this was on 3rd November so it's not due to a recent updatehttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2053285

Thanks - strange. Its happening on 2 pcs here

Original Poster

neilmonk;6816112

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/11/21/iframe_exploit_spreading_through_banner_ads.html

Hmmm... the plot thickens. I am using firefox though. So unless there is a banner thats on their site and infected I think its a false positive.

EDIT: Just read the date on there - 2004!

Original Poster

Seems I wasnt the only one. Kapersky is showing it on most PCs as per the MSE forum linke above.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22
      2. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45
      3. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?45
      4. To buy Iphone 611

See more discussions