Mse Switch Event 8 launched

Found 6th Sep 2017
Just a heads up for this mse deal. Only 25000 available.

So Ive been looking at uswitch the last few weeks for a new energy tarrif and noticed afew deals have been dropped and replaced with newer higher priced deals today.

Ive just signed up to this Edf deal today as its good for me in a rippoff market.

moneysavingexpert.com/che…lub
Community Updates
MSE DealsMisc
24 Comments
Agree it’s just about the best deal around at the moment unless you’re prepared to risk one of the new smaller firms
Yep, was going for another deal via topcashback but the tariff just got dropped and the "best" i could get for me was this. Not a great deal but if looks like prices are going up again and as im on the British Gas Standard tariff now ive got little choice atm.
Thanks, good news for who hasn't switched yet. I'm already on the cheapest deal with Scottish Power since last year
markrduk18 m ago

Agree it’s just about the best deal around at the moment unless you’re pre …Agree it’s just about the best deal around at the moment unless you’re prepared to risk one of the new smaller firms

Don't rule out all smaller firms, there are some good ones - you just need to spend some time looking at the reviews and what people complain about.

Let's be real, not even the "Big 6" have a flawless history of 'good' customer service.

I recently switched to Flow Energy, locked till 2019 - will keep you updated on how bad/well this small company will do
hooray.henry17 m ago

Yep, was going for another deal via topcashback but the tariff just got …Yep, was going for another deal via topcashback but the tariff just got dropped and the "best" i could get for me was this. Not a great deal but if looks like prices are going up again and as im on the British Gas Standard tariff now ive got little choice atm.

They've lowered the standing charges, but have average spending rates a bit (compared to existing deals).

So if you use a lot of gas/electricity, it'll still be high ££ - but still good for those who have not switched from standard/variable.
Do people have need to interact with their energy supplier?
I'm fairly sure that once I've switched to a new supplier (as I do every year) I have no contact with them at all.
Often, I can't immediately remember who I'm with.

I ask because I'm not sure what difference there is between these firms other than price. It's the same gas and electricity coming down the pipes and wires right?
Thanks my last collective switch was just coming to an end.

This looks like the best around and only 25,000 space so may fill up pretty fast
always worth keeping an eye on their site and doing a regular comparison, we have until next May and no exit fee and the collective is an extra £100 a year, there are many others which can save many other which can save me a few quid or one of the smaller ones who can save £80 but with a supplier who has very very bad feedback. Don't rule out the smaller suppliers many are very good.
Gone for Avro Energy, hope they aren't a shower of ....!
I'm looking at switching shortly and saw this deal. I was also interested in the Ovo deal but it's a tie in for 2 yrs with exit fees
badger26091 h, 53 m ago

I'm looking at switching shortly and saw this deal. I was also interested …I'm looking at switching shortly and saw this deal. I was also interested in the Ovo deal but it's a tie in for 2 yrs with exit fees

Ovo is a very good company in my past experience.
Destard3 h, 46 m ago

Do people have need to interact with their energy supplier?I'm fairly sure …Do people have need to interact with their energy supplier?I'm fairly sure that once I've switched to a new supplier (as I do every year) I have no contact with them at all.Often, I can't immediately remember who I'm with.I ask because I'm not sure what difference there is between these firms other than price. It's the same gas and electricity coming down the pipes and wires right?

I like to take monthly readings to then get a monthly bill generated. If I forget and do it with less than 28 days apart, I need to contact EDF. They always sort it very quickly, normally over webchat. That way I can see my annual energy rolling total.
A bit @nal but it lets me see if my Smart Heating and PV panels are earning their keep.
Any idea what t.he prices are per kwh for gas and electric? MSE doesn't easily show them
davewave8 h, 32 m ago

Gone for Avro Energy, hope they aren't a shower of ....!

Dear Dave, do Avro offer any form of cashback or other incentive?
Thinking of going with OVO 2 year fix (cant see prices dropping) good reviews and swap via quico £40 i think, still a lot more expensivethan british gas collectiv
Edited by: "danny1" 6th Sep 2017
danny118 m ago

Thinking of going with OVO 2 year fix (cant see prices dropping) good …Thinking of going with OVO 2 year fix (cant see prices dropping) good reviews and swap via quico £40 i think, still a lot more expensivethan british gas collectiv

How certain are you that prices won't drop in the next 2 years?
Has price ever dropped, my monthly costs seems to go up, never down and that's me finding the best deal, I'm too thinking a longer switch is better.
u6645414 h, 58 m ago

Any idea what t.he prices are per kwh for gas and electric? MSE doesn't …Any idea what t.he prices are per kwh for gas and electric? MSE doesn't easily show them

There should be some sort of info button, they show both rates and standing charges, just gotta find that button!
Another thing for consideration the BG smart meter unlikely to work with any other energy supplier so its back to manual meter readings grrr
Destard8 h, 38 m ago

Dear Dave, do Avro offer any form of cashback or other incentive?

no, but no tie in.
danny15 h, 54 m ago

Another thing for consideration the BG smart meter unlikely to work with …Another thing for consideration the BG smart meter unlikely to work with any other energy supplier so its back to manual meter readings grrr

yep, that's annoying isnt it, especially given how problematic mine have been:
Elec meter has never sent the readings (due to a software issue) and Gas meter had to be replaced as it stopped sending readings. Clearly smart meter technology isn't up to scratch yet!
Has anyone tried talking to British Gas to see if they can offer something when the current MSE collective deal ends in a few weeks?
Destard1 h, 8 m ago

Has anyone tried talking to British Gas to see if they can offer something …Has anyone tried talking to British Gas to see if they can offer something when the current MSE collective deal ends in a few weeks?

Spoken to BG...they only tend to express how good the Oct collective fix was and that their rates are nowhere near...don't think they are interested...which is a real shame...seems they aren't looking for market share at a low price but rather people who forget to now switch.
davewave2 h, 3 m ago

Spoken to BG...they only tend to express how good the Oct collective fix …Spoken to BG...they only tend to express how good the Oct collective fix was and that their rates are nowhere near...don't think they are interested...which is a real shame...seems they aren't looking for market share at a low price but rather people who forget to now switch.

It's crazy.
I'd prefer to stay with the same supplier, as no doubt would many other people, given the gas/electricity is all the same.
You'd think these suppliers would offer everyone (including existing customers) the best possible deal, rather than contributing further to the whole annual supplier-switch merry go round.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants