Groups

msi rx480 8gb is it worth to buy?

Hi.looking to buy this card. I've been offered for £240.do you reckon is it worth it, considering nitro+ 8gb version is £190ish. I've read few reviews on nitro,but it is a bit hot apparently. I need it for 1080 gaming only but considering 4k capabilities,I think it worth to spend extra ~60-70quid as it is abit more future proof than gtx970.
    Anyway any advice please

11 Comments

Original Poster

and when do you think price for MSI version may fall,as at the moment it is inflated alot imo

no.

TBH, if it was posted as a deal I would have voted cold... I agree @ previous comment - inflated price !

Edited by: "lovehukds" 11th Jan

Original Poster

lovehukds

TBH, if it was posted as a deal I would have voted cold... I agree @ … TBH, if it was posted as a deal I would have voted cold... I agree @ previous comment - inflated price !

ok what would you reccomend instead

I have 480 8GB nitro + and its not that hot 71 C in shabby case without OC, and trust me for 1080 you wil don't need any OC with this card. Currently while playing Heroes and Generals my i5-4670 runs hotter than GPU

The nitro+ is one of the best versions of the RX 480 and if you can get the 8gb version for under £200 thats a bargain.

It was the version I was going to get but then I found the XFX GTR Black Edition for £208 on black friday.

mate where are you getting that nitro? still a great price for 8gb Rx 480.

Nitro for that money is a good buy, benchmarks slightly better than a gtx970 which can be had for similar money 2nd hand.

Are you sure you don't mean the 4gb for less than 200? 8gb is a absolute steal

reading a review pitting it against the 1060, and due to updated drivers its supposed to be much better in dx12 games

Original Poster

You can get nitro version on amazon warehouse France for about £200ish guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best supermarket Disaronno?810
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1925
      3. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress1014
      4. How to pay for uber journey?22

See more discussions