Groups

MSN: Anyone recieved an instant message stating you need to change your sign-in ID?

Just got an instant message on MSN from Microsoft:
    Windows Live(TM) Messenger Service Staff says:
    Important service announcement: As part of a recent system enhancement, we need you to change your e-mail address to continue signing in to the Windows Live(TM) Messenger Service.

To ensure that your access is not blocked and to learn more, go to support.microsoft.com/gp/…/en

----------------------

I don't wanna change my email address! I'll have to change my PayPal and eBays address plus everything else I'm registered to!

Anyone else got the message?

7 Comments

Banned

i havent,sounds very odd even like an attempt to get your login details. are you sure this was genuine. what was the senders email?

Banned

nope not me

Original Poster

A bit weird as I didn't get an email, looks all legit as the email address is:
    [email protected]

And the screename is:
    Windows Live(TM) Messenger Service Staff

Banned

dcx_badass;4860826

Yeah ok, it's blatantly real that 10's of millions of people are all … Yeah ok, it's blatantly real that 10's of millions of people are all about to have to get new email addresses. I also heard that the moon is actually a giant diamond.

lmao

I actually got that message to when i logged into msn tonight, i clicked on the link had a look at everything, seems strange the page was last updated in August 29, 2006... When i click to change my windows id name it says i cant at this time?

No message for me.

I have an ID - but use aMSN on Linux.

I got that message too, just deleted it.
    Until i get an email where i can visit a site without clicking an almost certainly dodgy link im staying as i am.

Very suspicious!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fifa 1837
      2. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?11
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions