Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Multi USB C Cable

Posted 20th Jan 2023
Does anyone know where the best place to get a multi USB C cable?
Preferably one with at least 3 USB Cs on one end.

The ones I've found all have Micro Usb Or iPhone connections budndled with 1 or 2 USB C

Thanks!
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I just searched multi usb c cable on amazon, there's loads 😁
    Author
    I've just searched again and two came up straight away! Either I've lost my mind or I'm getting too old for technology
    Just bear in mind this is the sort of thing you don't want to buy too cheaply.

The little boxes on the proper ones are USB hubs, they just have the cables attached permanently instead of sockets to save space.

But the cheap ones will just wire all the cables directly together. This won't work for a lot of uses (e.g. most things involving data transfer). It's not part of the USB spec and while many devices are tolerant of badly behaving cables murphy's law says there's a good chance you'll plug it into the one that isn't.
    They're garbage and really not something you'd want. Most don't support USB C PD, but lets suppose they'd tried and one device triggers 9 or 15v and then you connect a second device that can only take 5v and it gets fried.They'll also battle for current too and data will never work. The only multi cables that are useful are decent ones with different connectors, but only to use one at a time (some support USB PD now). (edited)
    Author
    Better buying a multi port charger then ?
's avatar
Top Merchants