Multigym advice

Posted 5th Jul
Hi all,

Hope you are well. Need some advice for a gym noob.

I've worked out moderately for the past year using dumbells. I feel like buying a multigym would be very beneficial fore at this point but have no idea which ones to look at.

My budget is £500 and want something that can last me a fair while as I make progress. Any recommendations?

That's in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I guess if you have dumbbells already the alternative & next step is a rack, bench & barbell. JT posted a good Mirafit rack just the other day for £150. Need to add a bench (mirafit again the other day £100) & barbell & weights (I’d have thought £150) - how’s that sound?
The drawback is I think the focus on push exercises. You might like to think about something with a pulley system so you may incorporate pull exercises too.
Edited by: "JumpMan1980" 5th Jul
JumpMan198005/07/2020 12:28

I guess if you have dumbbells already the alternative & next step is a …I guess if you have dumbbells already the alternative & next step is a rack, bench & barbell. JT posted a good Mirafit rack just the other day for £150. Need to add a bench (mirafit again the other day £100) & barbell & weights (I’d have thought £150) - how’s that sound?

Thanks for the comments!! I completely agree with you in regards to the push/pull exercises, that's half of the reason I wanted an all in one system if that makes sense. That & a lack of space.
yuiodf05/07/2020 13:06

Thanks for the comments!! I completely agree with you in regards to the …Thanks for the comments!! I completely agree with you in regards to the push/pull exercises, that's half of the reason I wanted an all in one system if that makes sense. That & a lack of space.

You can of course do a multitude of rows with your dumbbells & barbell should you get one & you can do body weight rows with the bar & rack but they don’t quite replicate what can be achieved with pulleys. Plus you’ll be missing out on full pull-ups. I thought JT May have waded in on this by now. Give him time
JumpMan198005/07/2020 13:27

You can of course do a multitude of rows with your dumbbells & barbell …You can of course do a multitude of rows with your dumbbells & barbell should you get one & you can do body weight rows with the bar & rack but they don’t quite replicate what can be achieved with pulleys. Plus you’ll be missing out on full pull-ups. I thought JT May have waded in on this by now. Give him time

Will do, many thanks!!
Does anyone else have any suggestions? Much apor
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants