Groups
    EXPIRED

Multimedia Player

I have been looking about for a Multimedia player for the house so i am not restricted to watching things in the bedroom tv or PC monitor, So ideally it is for the living room. There are alot around and im not sure where to start. Can anyone who owns one recommend one, preferably one with a nice User Interface if they do them.

Thanks

5 Comments

Modded Xbox with XBMC ;-) Plays just about anything, but some people have issues with the fan noise.

Original Poster

This had crossed my mind, just a bit big. Was looking for something that can just sit nicely on top of the digi box

Well have a look on Ebuyer and Maplin then as they do MM drive enclosures. Not sure if they're any good though. Just reading the reviews etc is probably your best bet.

I got 2 of these from SVP, work great, now on clearance for £25 + delivery

svp.co.uk/pro…nce

Also check out DealExtreme

dealextreme.com/pro…310

Just examples, search the above sites for more, remember you need to add HD.

andycs;1518313

I got 2 of these from SVP, work great, now on clearance for £25 + … I got 2 of these from SVP, work great, now on clearance for £25 + deliveryhttp://svp.co.uk/product/sumvision_aqua_multimedia_player_enclosure_used4482_clearanceAlso check out DealExtremehttp://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.310Just examples, search the above sites for more, remember you need to add HD.

These are great , there the very same ones I bought at maplin early last year for £39.00 each . I initially bought one and fitted a 80 gig HDD into it and thought it was so good I bought another.Has a remote and all the cables and power adapter . All you do is fit a drive , upto a 500gig , create 4 folders : Files:Music :Video: Photos ,fill up the folder with stuff from your PC .ie mp3's ,video files like vob's/avi's/divx etc , jpg's . Plug the unit into a PC monitor , plasma etc and play your stuff back on the screen . Not only a Media player but acts as a back up drive too.
    Great init !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick88

See more discussions