Groups

Multipack cigarettes sold as seperate packs... is this legal

Hi guys,

Went to my local like a 1000 times before for some tabs and it has multipack pack seal around them which ive never seem before as was wandering if it was legal for them to be selling these as single packs?

Thanks

14 Comments

no! it's illegal

Original Poster

SunTzu;5145105

no! it's illegal

I thought it was, thanx

SunTzu;5145105

no! it's illegal

+1

probs duty free or summat from airports

nope.

ignore that, it's not illegal lol

read this: digitalspy.co.uk/for…030

seems a bit of a dodgy area, frowned upon my trading standards etc and breach of contract with suppliers blah blah :-)

I've noticed on packs of drinks and crisps etc,multipack not to be sold seperately. Sometimes though,you go into a supermarket and see that packaging been damaged so the product as been split and sold seperately,like say a 4 pk of baked beans lost the card sleeve.

get in touch with your local trading standards, anything marked multipack cannot be sold seperate

As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal but it's frowned upon and the suppliers can then cancel their contract with the stores if they're not considered a big enough client or show a willingness to improve the situation.

Multipacks have a huge difference in price to single items i.e you can sometimes find crisps working out as low as 10p each, whereas the normal price being 30p each, so the stores do sometimes seperate them to pass on the savings to customers or to help themselves stay afloat during the economical crisis.

Original Poster

Cheers guys for the info.

Banned

why do you care?

Anyone know how much a 50g pack of golden virginia is?

Don't think it's illegal, when I worked at an off licence someone accidently opened a multi-pack of cigarettes and we was just told to sell them individually.

smithyp1;5145447

Anyone know how much a 50g pack of golden virginia is?

£6.50 down the bootsale or £12 in the shops....

leecroot;5145792

£6.50 down the bootsale or £12 in the shops....

Yeah but them chinese fakes are really bad for you,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!55
      2. Biscuit addiction1848
      3. Oil for Oak Doors56
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue610

See more discussions