Multiple Vodafone contracts

Posted 5th Dec 2019
I have a phone contract with Vodafone already, if i sign up for a new contract via a reseller (Mobile Phones Direct) will the 2 contracts be linked to the same Vodafone account or will I have 2 separate accounts?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I don’t think these companies are smart enough to link so I would have thought they would be separate
Unlikely to be linked unless Voda specifically asks you if OK to link, and even the asking of that Q implies potential breach of reasonable privacy expectations. You may possibly be able to request link after sign-up, if you wish. New contract application will still be credit checked same as any new sign-up.
I've had loads of Vodafone contracts over the years, Often via third parties like MPD. They've all been linked to the same account until last years Black Friday deals ( Coincidently via MPD )when I took out 2 new contracts with Vodafone. One was linked to my current Vodafone account and one was linked bizarrely to an old PAYG Vodafone account I had a few years back. So yes they do usually link you from experience.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 6th Dec 2019
.MUFC.05/12/2019 23:54

I've had loads of Vodafone contracts over the years, Often via third …I've had loads of Vodafone contracts over the years, Often via third parties like MPD. They've all been linked to the same account until last years Black Friday deals ( Coincidently via MPD )when I took out 2 new contracts with Vodafone. One was linked to my current Vodafone account and one was linked bizarrely to an old PAYG Vodafone account I had a few years back. So yes they do usually link you from experience.

It would be reasonable (expectation) for Voda to state any auto-addition in its t&c, and certainly during sign-up to a new contract.
Voda forum is littered with posts from customers being unable to link / merge accounts.
AndyRoyd06/12/2019 02:00

It would be reasonable (expectation) for Voda to state any auto-addition …It would be reasonable (expectation) for Voda to state any auto-addition in its t&c, and certainly during sign-up to a new contract.Voda forum is littered with posts from customers being unable to link / merge accounts.

Maybe it does, I'll be honest I haven't really read the t&c's

I took out Vodafone broadband and they added it to my second Vodafone account. I did actually merge one number to the other and it went smoothly enough.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants