Multitask on ipad

Found 5th Jul
I am using IOS version 11.4 but although I can get the split screens to see the different tasks, when I am listening to a youtube music video and I want to use safari or another app, the sound from the youtube video stops.

I want to be able to listen to the youtube music while using another app or safari, can someone advise me how to do this? I have set the general settings to allow multitask and dock.
Community Updates
AskTablet
7 Comments
Do you have YouTube set to background app refresh
Pretty sure this is a paid for feature.

Edit: Yup - youtube.com/pre…ium

"Background play

With YouTube Premium, your video plays uninterrupted in the background, even when you open another app.
"

You can start a 3 month free trial if interested.
Edited by: "RossD89" 5th Jul
Dannyrobbo34 m ago

Do you have YouTube set to background app refresh

yes. i tried with this setting to off and still same problem.
mutley13 m ago

yes. i tried with this setting to off and still same problem.

Then it’s because the YouTube app stops playing on exit. Spotify or other music apps still play no matter what you are doing.
Dannyrobbo14 m ago

Then it’s because the YouTube app stops playing on exit. Spotify or other …Then it’s because the YouTube app stops playing on exit. Spotify or other music apps still play no matter what you are doing.

yes, it would appear to be so unless you pay for the premium service as mentioned above.
No experience of iOS but can you not open youtube in browser rather than using the app?
cecilmcroberts1 h, 34 m ago

No experience of iOS but can you not open youtube in browser rather than …No experience of iOS but can you not open youtube in browser rather than using the app?

Tried this, but as soon as you leave the browser, the music stops. It works on Windows where I have multiple tabs open but doesn't seem to work on the iPad or the mobile phone.

Just realised that when I open YouTube on the browser on the phone, it actually defaults to the app, so there is no way to access YouTube on the browser on the phone. Same thing on the iPad I think.
Edited by: "mutley1" 5th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants