Mum sparks debate with picture showing her breastfeeding her son - and friend's child she babysits

Found 11th Aug 2015
Jessica Anne Colletti says the boys - her 16-month-old son and her friend's 18-month-old boy - share a special bond as 'milk siblings'

A mother has sparked a fierce debate by posting a picture of herself breastfeeding her child - and a friend's son.

Jessica Anne Colletti shared the intimate snap with the parenting blog Mama Bean Unconditional Attachment, which promotes breastfeeding.

The married mum-of-one is seen nursing her own 16-month-old son and her friend's 18-month-old boy.

In the post, which was shared on the blog's Facebook page, Jessica describes the boys as "milk siblings".

She explains: "My son on the right is 16 months and my friend's son is 18 months.

"I watch her son while she works and have been feeding them both for a year!

"So much love between these milk siblings, it's a special bond between us all."

Just saw this, Its a bit weird breastfeeding someone elses child even if the parents agree. Im all for women Breastfeeding whenever and wherever wanted or needed.

Just thought this seems very creepy, Is it because Im a guy and we see things differently lol?
Community Updates
57 Comments
Original Poster Banned
http://i4.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/article6230678.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Jessica-breastfeeding.jpg

'Milk siblings': Jessica Anne Colletti shared the intimate snap on Facebook

Milk siblings oO
Are you jelly?
if the other parent seems ok with it, then I suppose lol. I personally wouldn't want someone else breastfeeding my child.
it will be at least 18 years before they have another tit in their mouth. Let them enjoy.
Original Poster Banned
jazzzy786

it will be at least 18 years before they have another tit in their mouth. … it will be at least 18 years before they have another tit in their mouth. Let them enjoy.

Late starter?
Original Poster Banned
moneysavingkitten

Are you jelly?

No I prefer my milk jugs a little bigger
Original Poster Banned
STRICKIBHOY

if the other parent seems ok with it, then I suppose lol. I personally … if the other parent seems ok with it, then I suppose lol. I personally wouldn't want someone else breastfeeding my child.

I cant understand why anyone would, surely it a special bond between mother and child.
It will be interesting to hear the friends kid's reaction to this when he is older!
Original Poster Banned
cdm22

It will be interesting to hear the friends kid's reaction to this when he … It will be interesting to hear the friends kid's reaction to this when he is older!

Ive sucked on yo mommas boobies X)
bazzamone

I cant understand why anyone would, surely it a special bond between … I cant understand why anyone would, surely it a special bond between mother and child.

​ that's what I was led to believe till I read this :-)
This is how inbred families start out.....So wrong !!
just like a wet nurse from days of yore. Though looks a bit odd now the kids are that age
Bitty?
"Ticket number 023, please go to bitty A"

http://www.supportgroupformothers.com/img/benner.gif
Original Poster Banned
WheresMeNuts

Drank a lot of milk from others did ya?
WheresMeNuts

Milk is milk, no matter what breast its dispensed from, its got to be better than powdered formula!

And its funny how no one cares which cows tit their milk for their morning cuppa came from!.
bazzamone

Drank a lot of milk from others did ya?

Pronounced "udders"
Moonwolf1976

Milk is milk, no matter what breast its dispensed from, its got to be … Milk is milk, no matter what breast its dispensed from, its got to be better than powdered formula! And its funny how no one cares which cows tit their milk for their morning cuppa came from!.

Kids only breast feed up until 12-14 months & so this is weird.Also with one of the kids not being hers is also weird.
Did you get breast feed of a family friend ?
Good thing men can't breast feed, or this could be viewed as paedophilia.
Original Poster Banned
markq

Pronounced "udders"

I did think of that but didnt know if putting it would mess up what I was pointing out
bazzamone

I did think of that but didnt know if putting it would mess up what I was … I did think of that but didnt know if putting it would mess up what I was pointing out

What were you pointing out ?
Banned
She looks a right tit!
Original Poster Banned
WheresMeNuts

What were you pointing out ?

My point
Talking of boobs......funny clip
WheresMeNuts

Kids only breast feed up until 12-14 months & so this is weird.Also with … Kids only breast feed up until 12-14 months & so this is weird.Also with one of the kids not being hers is also weird.Did you get breast feed of a family friend ?Good thing men can't breast feed, or this could be viewed as paedophilia.

Ok, i agree with you its weird breast feeding at that age and the kid should be on normal solid food. I agree too its strange breast feeding someone else's child at that age, But what if it was bottled then instead would that suit? and if so why not? we bottle up cows milk don't we! Why is it viewed as dirty or sickening to share human milk its just milk isn't it?.

Society is conditioned to accept drinking any old cows milk as perfectly 'Normal', even though its another species!

But it is viewed as sick and 'udderly' wrong for some woman to share their natural mothers milk with any other, than their own child, just saying its a bit of a hypocrisy.

Scenario:
If there was a shortage of baby formula one day (say it couldn't get shipped in because of a disruption at Calais! ) and you had a very young baby that couldn't eat solid food yet, And the baby's mother wasn't available she's been delayed out the country somewhere, and wont be back for at least 24 hours!.

The baby is starving and screaming and crying!. Would you not permit someone to fill a baby bottle with some perfectly good milk from her breast?.

Or would you let the baby starve? No!, i suspect most would try giving it a bottle of 'cows' milk instead!. When i think about it, I find that a bit weird myself.
markq

Talking of boobs......funny clip

8-O Where can i get a version without the black boxes blanking out the points please!
Moonwolf1976

8-O Where can i get a version without the black boxes blanking out the … 8-O Where can i get a version without the black boxes blanking out the points please!

If I knew the answer to that I wouldnt be typing away on hukd! X)
bazzamone

My point

Did you reach the end of the point ?
hmm who took the photo?

dataload

hmm who took the photo?

The photo is obviously meant to offend
Never seen any woman openly breastfeed with them hanging out like that.
If they did I would be doing a Jim Carrey....................

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/tigerplank/568974_zpsthjgg8vg.jpg
dataload

hmm who took the photo?

Bazza, duhh!
Original Poster Banned
WheresMeNuts

Did you reach the end of the point ?

Yes.
Each to their own, if the other kids parents are ok with it, then I guess they're not harming anyone... I wouldn't be happy with it personally, but its none of my business.

What bugs me though (and I guess this could cause a bit of outrage), is the new trend of breastfeeding selfies. I think breastfeeding is awesome, and people should be allowed to do it whenever and wherever they need, but posting pics of it on social media is a step too far in my opinion. If a woman were to flop one out in public, I'd simply look the other way, they may think it a bit weird if I just stopped and stared, and rightly so - but if that's the case, why do some women then openly share pics of themselves with their tits out on social media, and actually want me to look at them feeding their baby?

C'mon ladies... Bring it on...
miikeyblue

Each to their own, if the other kids parents are ok with it, then I guess … Each to their own, if the other kids parents are ok with it, then I guess they're not harming anyone... I wouldn't be happy with it personally, but its none of my business.What bugs me though (and I guess this could cause a bit of outrage), is the new trend of breastfeeding selfies. I think breastfeeding is awesome, and people should be allowed to do it whenever and wherever they need, but posting pics of it on social media is a step too far in my opinion. If a woman were to flop one out in public, I'd simply look the other way, they may think it a bit weird if I just stopped and stared, and rightly so - but if that's the case, why do some women then openly share pics of themselves with their tits out on social media, and actually want me to look at them feeding their baby?C'mon ladies... Bring it on...

Just to make it clear: I don't agree with Miikeyblue & so if the ladies could post me these selfie images first by PM so I can make sure they meet HUKD's standards
My first thought is: won't her nipples hurt? Little ones past weaning age + teeth could be painful!

Breastfeeding is a comfort to a young baby, a bonding experience. In my opinion, those two toddlers are past the breastfeeding stage and should be learning how to feed themselves and find other sources of comfort on their own - it could encourage an unhealthy co-dependency. I'm betting she is one of those who adopts "attachment parenting". "The technique involves extended breastfeeding. potty training without diapers, a natural birth and wearing a baby in a sling to ensure they remain physically close to a parent’s body."

There's also the bullying and judgement that comes from kids and adults who know this family.

When is she planning to stop breastfeeding? Where is her partner and what are his thoughts on this - it takes two to make a baby and two to nurture and teach them...

TL;DR - Nah, I wouldn't do it.
It can be very painful for a woman to have excess milk and they may suffer from mastitis if they are not relieved of their milk.

If you do not have a friend or neighbours child to hand to breastfeed as well as your own, a small pet may be used.

http://i58.tinypic.com/259lefs.jpg
Original Poster Banned
Mark2111

It can be very painful for a woman to have excess milk and they may … It can be very painful for a woman to have excess milk and they may suffer from mastitis if they are not relieved of their milk.If you do not have a friend or neighbours child to hand to breastfeed as well as your own, a small pet may be used.

MSK?

Mark2111

It can be very painful for a woman to have excess milk and they may … It can be very painful for a woman to have excess milk and they may suffer from mastitis if they are not relieved of their milk.If you do not have a friend or neighbours child to hand to breastfeed as well as your own, a small pet may be used.

Mark2111

Deeky when he sees that.....

http://i.imgbox.com/aaszHSxW
Original Poster Banned
markq

Well he is old so his eyesight will be really bad
Original Poster Banned
markq

Well he is old so his eyesight will be really bad
Original Poster Banned
oh come on?