Mum's warning to taste medicine before you give it to your baby after bad reaction to Nurofen

Editor 12
Found 29th Mar 2017
Rachel Deakin, mum to 6 month old baby Autumn is warning other parents to taste Nurofen before giving it to their children.

This warning comes after her own child had a bad reaction to children's Nurofen who 'instantly started screaming and gagging' after taking the medicine. Both she and husband tried the medicine for themselves and felt 'a burning sensation' in their throats and started to cough.

Speaking to the MEN, Rachel, also mum to five-year-old Summer, said: "Tyldesley Co-op have been fantastic. They instantly responded to my complaint by taking the product off their shelves and by contacting the manufacturer who makes the medicine.

"I spoke to the manufacturer yesterday who are taking the bottle for testing."

Image source The Mirror
http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10117604.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Nurofen-for-Children.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4nWSAhf.jpg

A bit worrying, but I suppose its a good habit to get into anyway, taste the food / medicine before you give it to baby, as we can often instantly tell when something isn't quite right.

News source Manchester Evening News
Community Updates
MiscBaby
12 Comments
good advice.
Banned
Do the same every time my nephew has French fries from McDonald's to make sure there not poisoned.
Ah it's on Facebook so it must be true!

Supermummies saving the world again!
No drug recalls or cautions in use issued, so either **** (it's pretty hard to tamper prior to the seal being added and only effect one bottle). Or product tampered with prior to purchase and seal broken.
Compo attempt.
deleted193256
hard to take someone serious when they've named their child 'Autumn'
lovely negative comments here. ive tried my daughters nurofen tonight. and guess what burning and tingling sensation. its a dodgy batch.
thegroutch

hard to take someone serious when they've named their child 'Autumn'

Yeah I thought that, autumn and summer, embarrassing.
Banned
Towelie

Ah it's on Facebook so it must be true! Supermummies saving the world … Ah it's on Facebook so it must be true! Supermummies saving the world again!

HOW DARE YOU!

It's a well-known fact that once up the duff these screeching banshee types become experts of everything from dentistry to astrophysics. How dare you question one of the master race?
Banned
In my day. The only thing you could give kids was calpol.
YouDontWantToKnow

​Eeeeee when I were a lad we used to dream of 'aving calpol .
YouDontWantToKnow

In my day it was gripe water
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants