Groups

Municipal Energy Companies, Could they Really be more Competitive?

theguardian.com/pub…don

Good idea, bad idea? Anyone tried them, what do you think?

They're talking about London in the article but seems to be Bristol Energy and Robin Hood Energy in Nottingham that are up and running so far.

5 Comments

Original Poster

Ohh I was just putting in a lazy link to see they are not needed any more. Nice one HUKD

my Dad has just shifted to Robin Hood, think he's saving almost £30 a month compared to what he was paying at EON. YMMV.

council efficiency and costs? no thanks, council tax is already a complete ripoff and abused by councillors.

Original Poster

davewave

council efficiency and costs? no thanks, council tax is already a … council efficiency and costs? no thanks, council tax is already a complete ripoff and abused by councillors.

Hahaha, I see where you're coming from They say all the profits go back into the local community too (the council?). I can't decide if that's good or bad.

Seems like they are 3p a unit cheaper at the moment though. Which is quite a lot!

davewave

council efficiency and costs? no thanks, council tax is already a … council efficiency and costs? no thanks, council tax is already a complete ripoff and abused by councillors.

So scrap it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions