Music files, Unknown artist

4 replies
Found 8th Sep 2007
Just been sending some music to my new phone & when it comes on the phone it says unknown artist. It has the songs name but not the artist & album etc.

Is there a way to do it on your PC to make it not do this? I remember a while ago i did something on the winternet with windows media player & it got all the songs names, albums& titles correct by connecting to the internet & doing something but I cant remember how I did it.

Wouldnt mind doing something because it will save me looking through all the songs to find one im looking for.

I have been sent most of them & I guess they have been downloades off the internet or something.

cheers
James

5 Comments

Edit the details of the artist in your My Music folder or you could try and edit the artist name in the music player you are using:thumbsup:

Right click the media file and update the details in properties>summary>advanced.
although the file might have a title name etc, some players go off this 'second tier' of info

Original Poster

Got it sorted by going in the summery advanced thing.

cheers
James

No problem mate - glad to be of assistance!

Original Poster

jayhab

No problem mate - glad to be of assistance!

Repped you both as well :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free flights to Europe710
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56521
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions