music magpie - dont bother.

Found 19th Apr 2016
so i traded in a brand new NFC Reader to them via post. It was a double of an item i already had.

They where offering the best price, i have sold to loads of company's online with the same process, what could go wrong?

apparently everything.

My order was arranged to be collected by there courier, free of charge on the saturday.

Saturday comes and goes, nobody arrives.

I ring music magpie to be told its a third party courier and that they are 'very sorry', but not there fault.

They send me a royal mail posting label which i then send out the item same day. this is the only part which was not an issue.

upon arrival at there warehouse i get a email saying it has arrived, but interestingly it is attached to an email from somebody else complaining that the box was damaged on the CD they ordered, with order number, name, how much they paid etc, top class data protection as you can see.

then i here nothing so 15 days later (they say they pay same day?) i contact them via phone to be told that they are again very sorry but payment will be sent out as soon as possible.

A further 15 days later (yesterday) i contact them asking where on earth my payment is and why i haven't received it.

Today i get an email saying the item was promotional or not showing a barcode (what?!? you need to input a barcode to sell to them so this clearly isnt the case?! did they even do a promotional version?!) and they wont return my item as it says in there terms and conditions if its rejected they just keep it.

so i replied saying thats clearly not the case and the photos i took before sending it out show the barcode there and if there is no news in 7 days i will contact trading standards and the police.

worst experience with any company ever. even worse than CEX which is pretty dam hard.

just thought i would share my experience, stay away!

Dan
Community Updates
MiscMusical
25 Comments
Wait for it...
That's a terrible experience for sure. So they are within their rights to not return it? Even though you have pictures of it etc
CookinBat

Wait for it...

Wait for what? A pointless comment? I see one allready?

benjammin316

That's a terrible experience for sure. So they are within their rights to … That's a terrible experience for sure. So they are within their rights to not return it? Even though you have pictures of it etc

I have no idea. I don't see why they shouldnt return it or pay me as I've got a picture with the date on a piece of paper in it.

They haven't contacted me back yet as this only happend today, but it's a warning to others, sell with anyone else but them.
CookinBat

Wait for it...

benjammin316

That's a terrible experience for sure. So they are within their rights … That's a terrible experience for sure. So they are within their rights to not return it? Even though you have pictures of it etc

musicmagpie.co.uk/ter…ns/

Reading their terms & conditions, everything is in their favour that's for sure
Terrible experience there upon selling.

I have not had any problem with buying from them, ordered a SACD which turned out to have disc rot. Swift exchange, upon phoning they sent me an email...freepost return and the replacement was with me in a couple of days.

Not used them for a few years but that sounds farcical.

cicobuff

I have not had any problem with buying from them, ordered a SACD which … I have not had any problem with buying from them, ordered a SACD which turned out to have disc rot.

My Peter Gabriel 'Up' SACD got disc rot, typically it was a valuable one
Not quite. Meant before you get blamed somehow. Looks like you've been ripped off unfortunately.
Loads of bad experiences similar to this on trustpilot, i would prefer CEX as i can take it in store and don't have to accept less or nothing without having to email/call for hours. It seems they try saying phones are broken when they aren't so people take less as they can't be bothered with the hassle.
MBeeching

Not used them for a few years but that sounds farcical.My Peter Gabriel … Not used them for a few years but that sounds farcical.My Peter Gabriel 'Up' SACD got disc rot, typically it was a valuable one

That sucks, mine was NiN 'The Downward Spiral', nowhere near as valuable although prices seem to be on the rise, hence why I got it from Music Magpie whilst only £7. I think the most valuable SACD I have is Dredg 'El Cielo', which I also happily have signed by one of the band members.

Some crazy prices out there on SACD, so glad I got the majority of the Depeche Mode ones. Many can be gotten from torrent sites as ISO's. Thanks to firmware hacks of the PS3 there are rips out there, although those machines are few and far between due to only the first revisions of PS3 being SACD capable.

Hate music magpie they said my brand new game had artwork missing it was sent still in original packaging it was not even a game that had extra codes or anything when I enquirer via Facebook they said must be the front cover well if its wrapped in cellophane how could the front cover be missing they kept the game I also included a load of DVDs and sent two more parcels to them that week it took three sets of cheques been cancelled and sent out because every time they said they sent them they never arrived about 4 months later I finally got my money for the DVDs the game they kept
larrylightweight

Hate music magpie they said my brand new game had artwork missing it was … Hate music magpie they said my brand new game had artwork missing it was sent still in original packaging it was not even a game that had extra codes or anything when I enquirer via Facebook they said must be the front cover well if its wrapped in cellophane how could the front cover be missing they kept the game I also included a load of DVDs and sent two more parcels to them that week it took three sets of cheques been cancelled and sent out because every time they said they sent them they never arrived about 4 months later I finally got my money for the DVDs the game they kept

Holy carp, they just kept the game? Nice little earner for them, will be making sure I steer well clear.
Just keep your eye open and buy it back when you see it. That'll show them.
Saved me the grief by the sounds of it, thanks for sharing...I will be steering clear of these Muppets..
Magpies are renowned thieves. Clues in the name.
cicobuff

That sucks, mine was NiN 'The Downward Spiral', nowhere near as valuable … That sucks, mine was NiN 'The Downward Spiral', nowhere near as valuable although prices seem to be on the rise, hence why I got it from Music Magpie whilst only £7. I think the most valuable SACD I have is Dredg 'El Cielo', which I also happily have signed by one of the band members.Some crazy prices out there on SACD, so glad I got the majority of the Depeche Mode ones. Many can be gotten from torrent sites as ISO's. Thanks to firmware hacks of the PS3 there are rips out there, although those machines are few and far between due to only the first revisions of PS3 being SACD capable.

Mine is probably one of the Depeche Mode discs (e.g. Black Celebration), though I do have Pet Sounds on DVDA signed by Brian Wilson. As you say though, at least there are alternative options these days

Sounds like these guys need investigating.

I assume that before you send anything off you have to 'agree' to the ridiculous terms which state that they can keep whatever they like, which in my opinion is wrong if you disagree with what they are telling you about the condition of the item(s) you send in.

Thank for the heads up OP. I'll definitely steer clear of these cowboys.

Sorry to hear that you have been swindled by these guys and I hope you manage to find a resolution.
Sorry you have been ripped off. While they may have T&C, it doesn't make them legal. You could serve them with a retention of title notice. Then legally they can't sell or dispose of the item. Then make arrangements to recover your goods.
This will take time and money (as you are likely to have to use bailiffs to recover your goods)

Or you could be a sod (with a few friends) and say agree to sell them a PS4 and mistakenly send them a house brick or two. They will then recycle it for you.
SEEMS LIKE THEY HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH OF A CLUE AS A RUDDY MAGPIE
deleted1416210
Havince

SEEMS LIKE THEY HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH OF A CLUE AS A RUDDY MAGPIE

Magpies are actually highly intelligent birds
what kind of a company gets away with saying we might not return your stuff lol
hey guys, thanks for getting back to me.

after seeing the way they treat customers i wont use them or there stores (thats entertainment)

there terms suck and they really need to be looked into, finally they have contacted me saying they will pay me.

amazing when you do threaten them.

thanks for your help and i hope ive stopped at least 1 person using this dreadful company.
danboi63

hey guys, thanks for getting back to me. after seeing the way they treat … hey guys, thanks for getting back to me. after seeing the way they treat customers i wont use them or there stores (thats entertainment) there terms suck and they really need to be looked into, finally they have contacted me saying they will pay me. amazing when you do threaten them. thanks for your help and i hope ive stopped at least 1 person using this dreadful company.

Are they giving you the full value?
benjammin316

Are they giving you the full value?

yes, confirmed in an email. although no mention of when i will actually get the money for it -.-
danboi63

yes, confirmed in an email. although no mention of when i will actually … yes, confirmed in an email. although no mention of when i will actually get the money for it -.-

How did you get them to back down?
miikeyblue

How did you get them to back down?

I spoke to citizens advice who told me to send the photo of the item with the Barcode visible and give them 7 days to pay, if they don't by this time then contact the Police and trading standards, I just let them know all this and they changed there tune
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants