music magpie legit?

Posted 20th Jan 2017
Is musicmagpie a legit website to buy a phone from, any past advice is helpful
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
I would say it's quite a famous website with tv adverts etc... therefore very much legit. I have bought from them before with no issues.
no it's not
Did sell to them in past. They are legit.
I've bought and sold a fair few times on there (mobile phone).... always been quick and painless.... no regrets so far.
It is definitely legit. I bought from them online and also 'that's entertainment' the high street store is them aswell :-)
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 20th Jan 2017
Real company. Condition description of some of the used media I have purchased from them has been a little colurful at times, but their CS is always responsive and keen to rectify. Not specifically bought a phone from them.
that entertainment shops and poundland are their sales arm of dvd and cds
Yes legit, but there are cheaper places to buy phones, even with the extra 20% off at checkout
And other sites will give you more cash for your stuff-but are very easy and efficient.
Don't buy from these people unless you want nothing for your money.

So I placed an order yesterday - 4th June 2019 in good faith. The order value was over £720. I paid for next day delivery in good faith. Their website says dispatched for next day delivery if ordered before 4pm.

My order was placed at 3.30pm. I was on the phone to my credit card provider as the payment went through and they confirmed the payment had been taken and cleared straight away. So I had no reason to worry. So I thought. Music Magpie sent me my order confirmation within 5 minutes and a dispatch notice at 6pm that evening with a tracking ID for Royal Mail Special Delivery - Next day.

I took the day off work to be here for the order. The item wasn't delivered and unfortunately because royal mail tracking was down I couldn't find out where it was.

I spent HOURS speaking with MusicMagpie support who were adamant that the order was on it's way and despite them using Royal Mail Special Delivery (Ergo before 1pm) they told me I had to wait until 6pm.

Little did I know that they knew full well what was going on and they were using the fact that Track and Trace was down to their advantage to cover their own lies.

I think spent an hour on the phone to Royal Mail who confirmed to me after several checks the Tracking ID was given wasn't valid. Royal Mail informed me that MusicMagpie generate their own Royal Mail Tracking IDs and regularly tell people items have shipped when they haven't.

I then went back to MusicMagpie support who when confronted with the truth magically admitted instantly the item hadn't yet been dispatched. They admitted the item wasn't on its way and hadn't left the warehouse.

All they did was blame me and my payment. Again, more lies because I knew the payment went through instantly. They then claimed THEIR systems delayed processing the payment until 6.50pm, so the item missed the 4pm order cut off. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. They cannot say order by 4pm for next day delivery but then not ship the order if their systems don't process the order.

Now under UK distance selling law I have the right to cancel the order. Especially as it hasn't been dispatched. MusicMagpie lied. They charged me for next day delivery and didn't honour this.

THEY LIED TELLING ME THE ITEM HAD BEEN DISPATCHED WHEN IT HADN'T.

IT WASN'T UNTIL I CONFRONTED THEM WITH THE TRUTH THAT THEY FINALLY ADMITTED THE TRUTH

Under UK law I have every right to cancel the order. We now know the order hasn't left the warehouse. Yet despite this they are breaking UK law by refusing to cancel the order and refusing to refund me.

BE WARNED PEOPLE, THERE ARE NEGATIVE REVIEWS OF THIS COMPANY FOR A REASON. THEY IGHT BE IN THE MINORITY BUT I WISH TO GOD I HAD TAKEN THEM MORE SERIOUS OVER THE POSITIVE REVIEWS WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER.

DO NOT SHOP WITH THESE PEOPLE UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOOSE HUNDREDS OF PIUNDS AND BE POWERLESS TO GET TI BACK.
iconcreative05/06/2019 13:09

Don't buy from these people unless you want nothing for your money.So I …Don't buy from these people unless you want nothing for your money.So I placed an order yesterday - 4th June 2019 in good faith. The order value was over £720. I paid for next day delivery in good faith. Their website says dispatched for next day delivery if ordered before 4pm.My order was placed at 3.30pm. I was on the phone to my credit card provider as the payment went through and they confirmed the payment had been taken and cleared straight away. So I had no reason to worry. So I thought. Music Magpie sent me my order confirmation within 5 minutes and a dispatch notice at 6pm that evening with a tracking ID for Royal Mail Special Delivery - Next day.I took the day off work to be here for the order. The item wasn't delivered and unfortunately because royal mail tracking was down I couldn't find out where it was.I spent HOURS speaking with MusicMagpie support who were adamant that the order was on it's way and despite them using Royal Mail Special Delivery (Ergo before 1pm) they told me I had to wait until 6pm.Little did I know that they knew full well what was going on and they were using the fact that Track and Trace was down to their advantage to cover their own lies.I think spent an hour on the phone to Royal Mail who confirmed to me after several checks the Tracking ID was given wasn't valid. Royal Mail informed me that MusicMagpie generate their own Royal Mail Tracking IDs and regularly tell people items have shipped when they haven't.I then went back to MusicMagpie support who when confronted with the truth magically admitted instantly the item hadn't yet been dispatched. They admitted the item wasn't on its way and hadn't left the warehouse. All they did was blame me and my payment. Again, more lies because I knew the payment went through instantly. They then claimed THEIR systems delayed processing the payment until 6.50pm, so the item missed the 4pm order cut off. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. They cannot say order by 4pm for next day delivery but then not ship the order if their systems don't process the order.Now under UK distance selling law I have the right to cancel the order. Especially as it hasn't been dispatched. MusicMagpie lied. They charged me for next day delivery and didn't honour this. THEY LIED TELLING ME THE ITEM HAD BEEN DISPATCHED WHEN IT HADN'T. IT WASN'T UNTIL I CONFRONTED THEM WITH THE TRUTH THAT THEY FINALLY ADMITTED THE TRUTHUnder UK law I have every right to cancel the order. We now know the order hasn't left the warehouse. Yet despite this they are breaking UK law by refusing to cancel the order and refusing to refund me.BE WARNED PEOPLE, THERE ARE NEGATIVE REVIEWS OF THIS COMPANY FOR A REASON. THEY IGHT BE IN THE MINORITY BUT I WISH TO GOD I HAD TAKEN THEM MORE SERIOUS OVER THE POSITIVE REVIEWS WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER.DO NOT SHOP WITH THESE PEOPLE UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOOSE HUNDREDS OF PIUNDS AND BE POWERLESS TO GET TI BACK.

That's a heck of a long rant over a late delivery.
This happens all the time when buying online.
Deal with it and move on, nobody died.
I have bought a used iPad which was exactly as described and a used Apple Watch which seemed better than described. I've had more issues with cheap DVDs and blu rays not working though. But even these issues were dealt with and was never out of pocket.
frakison05/06/2019 13:49

Comment deleted

They have my money. I don’t have what I paid for. Ergo I’m out of pocket to the tune of £723.

Commenting on a spelling mistake which is clearly an auto correct typo just makes you look a fool. If can’t be nice don’t say anything at all.
jaketheplumber05/06/2019 13:41

That's a heck of a long rant over a late delivery. This happens all the …That's a heck of a long rant over a late delivery. This happens all the time when buying online.Deal with it and move on, nobody died.

You’re not the one £723 out of pocket for goods you paid for in good faith. I don’t have that kind of money to throw around and leave in limbo until my fight for my money back is successful.

Just because it ‘happens’ all the time as you claim doesn’t make it right. In fact I buy online all the time and never experienced such disgusting service and blatant disregard for distance selling laws.

It’s now going to take 30 days or more before I can issue a chargeback through my bank.

So I suggest if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.
Edited by: "iconcreative" 5th Jun
frakison05/06/2019 13:57

Comment deleted

Why should I. I paid for next day delivery. They’ve lied about dispatching my item when they didn’t. Took my money for a next day service which is breach of contract and are now refusing to refund my order. Which is breaking Uk selling laws. I needed that item next day. Ergo I paid for next day delivery. So don’t tell me to get over it and wait 2-3days. I’ve had to go elsewhere and will now have to fight to get my money back on something the law says I have the right to cancel which they won’t do.

You might be able to afford to have companies play around with £723 of your money while they break UK selling laws. But I cannot.

My point is I have the right to cancel the order because they breached the contract. They are refusing to despite them not having dispatched the item.

I have every right to be peeved they’re withholding £723 of my money and that I’ll have to fight to get it back in 30 days when it should come back to me now.
Edited by: "iconcreative" 5th Jun
iconcreative05/06/2019 13:53

You’re not the one £723 out of pocket for goods you paid for in good fa …You’re not the one £723 out of pocket for goods you paid for in good faith. I don’t have that kind of money to throw around and leave in limbo until my fight for my money back is successful. Just because it ‘happens’ all the time as you claim doesn’t make it right. In fact I buy online all the time and never experienced such disgusting service and blatant disregard for distance selling laws. It’s now going to take 30 days or more before I can issue a chargeback through my bank. So I suggest if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.

You're only out of pocket if goods that you've paid for don't arrive. So, pretty please with sugar on top just wait for it to be delivered, then you have 14 days to decide whether you want to keep it or return it for a refund. How hard can it be?
jaketheplumber05/06/2019 14:02

You're only out of pocket if goods that you've paid for don't arrive. So, …You're only out of pocket if goods that you've paid for don't arrive. So, pretty please with sugar on top just wait for it to be delivered, then you have 14 days to decide whether you want to keep it or return it for a refund. How hard can it be?

Like I said. I needed the item next day. That’s why I paid for next day delivery. Not when they feel like dispatching it. They haven’t dispatched it so I have the right to cancel the contract and get my money back. They are refusing
To. Uk law states they must.

This is my right so jog on if you’ve got nothing better to say.
iconcreative05/06/2019 13:53

You’re not the one £723 out of pocket for goods you paid for in good fa …You’re not the one £723 out of pocket for goods you paid for in good faith. I don’t have that kind of money to throw around and leave in limbo until my fight for my money back is successful. Just because it ‘happens’ all the time as you claim doesn’t make it right. In fact I buy online all the time and never experienced such disgusting service and blatant disregard for distance selling laws. It’s now going to take 30 days or more before I can issue a chargeback through my bank. So I suggest if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.

how are you out of pocket, yes its being delivered late but you will get it, sometimes processes fall down it happens to the best of companies. Its possible that your order was hit by a system but at the banks side, that certainly happens when electronic messages get delayed and customer service at the bank can tell you that its cleared, it is at their side but not back to Music Magpie.

Ordering so close to cut off time always has its risks, yes you have been let down by customer service in their response and thinking back when we ordered a couple of items one was delayed even though I paid for next day delivery, sadly it happens.

You have been around long enough to have been using the tinternet for years and if you have not experience late delivery before you are certainly lucky but calm down it will do you know good, you will get the phone in the end. Distant selling is allowed but you may need to return it, once its in their dispatched system they might not be able to stop it, its not like the CS person can walk into the warehouse and stop it just like that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants