Music Magpie partial refund

Found 5th Jul
Recently bought an iPhone 6s in ‘good condition’ from Music Magpie and the condition of the phone is quite bad, however, everything works fine, has anyone had experience of getting them to refund some of the cost due to poor condition?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Only ever politely but assertively complained about incorrect description / grading of MM media. Typically resulted in complete refund and no need to return the (usually poor condition) media. Doubt that would apply to phones, but does indicate MM may respond reasonably to an equally reasonable complaint.
You will get a refund only. I got a poor 6s rose gold, they said I need to reorder
Why are you looking for a partial refund? If you were an ebay buyer, you'd be called a scammer, I'm not knocking you but it does seem odd that you aren't asking about getting a 'good condition one' in exchange, or a full refund.
There are many grades of condition. Good condition would be something with some marks and minor scratches (typical for a 2-3 year old handset). If you want something really decent you need pristine or very good not good.
Only a full refund in my experience.
mrty16 h, 21 m ago

Why are you looking for a partial refund? If you were an ebay buyer, you'd …Why are you looking for a partial refund? If you were an ebay buyer, you'd be called a scammer, I'm not knocking you but it does seem odd that you aren't asking about getting a 'good condition one' in exchange, or a full refund.

Don’t agree at all withthe scammer on eBay bit
maybe they are thinking of the resale value when they decide to change phones and sell it
snoopy1839 m ago

Don’t agree at all withthe scammer on eBay bitmaybe they are thinking of t …Don’t agree at all withthe scammer on eBay bitmaybe they are thinking of the resale value when they decide to change phones and sell it

then surely they would want to exchange to get a phone in the condition they paid for?
adamspencer958 m ago

then surely they would want to exchange to get a phone in the condition …then surely they would want to exchange to get a phone in the condition they paid for?

In an ideal world
snoopy1822 m ago

In an ideal world

in a world covered by the consumer rights act, yes.
Misslovely23 h, 21 m ago

You will get a refund only. I got a poor 6s rose gold, they said I need …You will get a refund only. I got a poor 6s rose gold, they said I need to reorder

This ^
snoopy187 h, 11 m ago

Don’t agree at all withthe scammer on eBay bitmaybe they are thinking of t …Don’t agree at all withthe scammer on eBay bitmaybe they are thinking of the resale value when they decide to change phones and sell it

Problem is some people on ebay take the order, then argue over its condition, knowing full well eBay will side with the buyer. Then the buyer either duscounts the item or pay postage to return a now used item, so they can't sell as new and end up taking a double hit. These people are often called scammer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions