Music magpie phone ‘good condition’ What should I expect?

Posted 18th Oct 2018
Hi,
So was looking to buy a phone with the current 10% off. I am getting a great bargain for it. But thy say the condition is ‘good’. What should I expect? Do they replace the screen or do I get the old one that came with it? What does the phone look like in general? Scratches etc
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
It's pot luck really. Depends who graded it, could be very good or could have several scratches.
I bought an iPhone earlier in the year from Music Magpie grades as ‘Good’.
No scratches to the glass, only a couple of light digs towards the bottom of the back casing.

35673843-KfSmf.jpg
35673843-PnCOu.jpgIf you’re really concerned, order two, pick the best one and return the second one for a refund.

Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 18th Oct 2018
My daughter has had 2 from these both stated as good.
They were fine very similar to the pictures above
I got a 'very good' phone that had deep scratches on the screen - which they admitted should never have gone out and refunded. Seems to be pot luck. Try it but be prepared for the hassle of rejecting it.
Thanks all
Do you think It’s worth buying a very good one or a good one because I’m buying on the PayPal 12 month. One and it won’t come in time for me to see how it is
masterhussain18/10/2018 15:47

Thanks all Do you think It’s worth buying a very good one or a good one b …Thanks all Do you think It’s worth buying a very good one or a good one because I’m buying on the PayPal 12 month. One and it won’t come in time for me to see how it is

What do you mean won't come in time to see how it is ?
You mean you won't be able to cancel the Paypal order ?
I'm sure it's still under the 14 day distance selling regulations where you can return it free so if the orders been cancelled they wouldn't charge PayPal.
It all depends on how fussy you are really, if you're happy with a few little scuffs then "good" should be fine but if you're not then you best go for "great"
It's all your choice 😁
stefromuk18/10/2018 16:00

What do you mean won't come in time to see how it is ? You mean you won't …What do you mean won't come in time to see how it is ? You mean you won't be able to cancel the Paypal order ?I'm sure it's still under the 14 day distance selling regulations where you can return it free so if the orders been cancelled they wouldn't charge PayPal.It all depends on how fussy you are really, if you're happy with a few little scuffs then "good" should be fine but if you're not then you best go for "great"It's all your choice 😁

Because the PayPal 12 months interest free ends 21st and the 10% off ends tomorrow
masterhussain18/10/2018 16:42

Because the PayPal 12 months interest free ends 21st and the 10% off ends … Because the PayPal 12 months interest free ends 21st and the 10% off ends tomorrow

To be honest Music magpie always seem to have 10% off it will probably be back on next week.
stefromuk18/10/2018 19:01

To be honest Music magpie always seem to have 10% off it will probably be …To be honest Music magpie always seem to have 10% off it will probably be back on next week.

But the 12 months interest free won’t
Order 2 then, one graded very good and one graded good.
Then make your mind up when you receive them and return the one you don’t want and get a refund.
That way you can see the difference in grading, get the 10% off and keep the PayPal 0% finance.
Toptrumpet18/10/2018 21:24

Order 2 then, one graded very good and one graded good. Then make your …Order 2 then, one graded very good and one graded good. Then make your mind up when you receive them and return the one you don’t want and get a refund.That way you can see the difference in grading, get the 10% off and keep the PayPal 0% finance.

To be honest Music magpie always seem to have 10% off it will probably be …To be honest Music magpie always seem to have 10% off it will probably be back on next week.

Because the PayPal 12 months interest free ends 21st and the 10% off ends … Because the PayPal 12 months interest free ends 21st and the 10% off ends tomorrow

What do you mean won't come in time to see how it is ? You mean you won't …What do you mean won't come in time to see how it is ? You mean you won't be able to cancel the Paypal order ?I'm sure it's still under the 14 day distance selling regulations where you can return it free so if the orders been cancelled they wouldn't charge PayPal.It all depends on how fussy you are really, if you're happy with a few little scuffs then "good" should be fine but if you're not then you best go for "great"It's all your choice 😁

Ar460rn18/10/2018 10:25

I got a 'very good' phone that had deep scratches on the screen - which …I got a 'very good' phone that had deep scratches on the screen - which they admitted should never have gone out and refunded. Seems to be pot luck. Try it but be prepared for the hassle of rejecting it.

stefromuk18/10/2018 09:58

My daughter has had 2 from these both stated as good.They were fine very …My daughter has had 2 from these both stated as good.They were fine very similar to the pictures above

Toptrumpet18/10/2018 09:20

I bought an iPhone earlier in the year from Music Magpie grades as …I bought an iPhone earlier in the year from Music Magpie grades as ‘Good’.No scratches to the glass, only a couple of light digs towards the bottom of the back casing.[Image] [Image] If you’re really concerned, order two, pick the best one and return the second one for a refund.

master1018/10/2018 08:03

It's pot luck really. Depends who graded it, could be very good or could …It's pot luck really. Depends who graded it, could be very good or could have several scratches.

Thanks have ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus. One of them was a stand alone as with no drop down menus or anything from music magpie on eBay. It was £309. The other was from there regular ads with the drop down options. That was £340 :/
Before you send one back, can you upload pics of both (stating the grade) so we can see the difference between Good and Very Good.
Thanks.
Toptrumpet20/10/2018 09:51

Before you send one back, can you upload pics of both (stating the grade) …Before you send one back, can you upload pics of both (stating the grade) so we can see the difference between Good and Very Good.Thanks.

Will do @Toptrumpet but I ordered 2x good. The 309 one was just a standalone ad and in the description it said it was good. The other one (340) was also stated as good. Was just wondering what the extra £30 would bring
I've been looking at the £309 one would be interested to know it's actual condition when you get it
Deen_Gray22/10/2018 17:48

I've been looking at the £309 one would be interested to know it's actual …I've been looking at the £309 one would be interested to know it's actual condition when you get it

Will do! That ones coming tomorrow. The 339 one will come Wednesday
masterhussain22/10/2018 18:03

Will do! That ones coming tomorrow. The 339 one will come Wednesday

Deen_Gray22/10/2018 17:48

I've been looking at the £309 one would be interested to know it's actual …I've been looking at the £309 one would be interested to know it's actual condition when you get it

masterhussain20/10/2018 09:53

Will do @Toptrumpet but I ordered 2x good. The 309 one was just a …Will do @Toptrumpet but I ordered 2x good. The 309 one was just a standalone ad and in the description it said it was good. The other one (340) was also stated as good. Was just wondering what the extra £30 would bring

Toptrumpet20/10/2018 09:51

Before you send one back, can you upload pics of both (stating the grade) …Before you send one back, can you upload pics of both (stating the grade) so we can see the difference between Good and Very Good.Thanks.

masterhussain20/10/2018 09:11

Thanks have ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus. One of them was a stand alone as with …Thanks have ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus. One of them was a stand alone as with no drop down menus or anything from music magpie on eBay. It was £309. The other was from there regular ads with the drop down options. That was £340 :/

Toptrumpet18/10/2018 21:24

Order 2 then, one graded very good and one graded good. Then make your …Order 2 then, one graded very good and one graded good. Then make your mind up when you receive them and return the one you don’t want and get a refund.That way you can see the difference in grading, get the 10% off and keep the PayPal 0% finance.

masterhussain18/10/2018 21:10

But the 12 months interest free won’t

stefromuk18/10/2018 09:58

My daughter has had 2 from these both stated as good.They were fine very …My daughter has had 2 from these both stated as good.They were fine very similar to the pictures above

Hi all just received the 2 and I can’t tell which one was the £309 one or the £339 one. But there is a big difference in the two phones

Phone 1

35745625-Ldeco.jpg
35745625-SGcpq.jpg

Phone 2
35745625-ZO9TI.jpg
Much better

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants