Music on hold for business

Found 29th Sep 2017
Hey everyone,

I run a small business and at the moment I place some calls on hold without music.

I wondered if there are any business owners that have a cost friendly method to place calls on hold? I've started to look and it's a complete minefield, I'd also (if possible) like to avoid any contracts etc. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

R
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Are you using a VOIP system of some kind? Have you checked with the provider?
tech347522 m ago

Are you using a VOIP system of some kind? Have you checked with the …Are you using a VOIP system of some kind? Have you checked with the provider?

We're not, our internet can be unstable and I am a little worried about switching over. We're with Plusnet Business.
hairray1 h, 28 m ago

We're not, our internet can be unstable and I am a little worried about …We're not, our internet can be unstable and I am a little worried about switching over. We're with Plusnet Business.

For the record, it is possible to use a VOIP system internally with an adapter for the old BT connection. This can offer things like recording all calls or music on hold.

Looking around, there is music available but they may require a one time fee.

For example:
akmmusic.co.uk/roy…ing
bensound.com/lic…ing

Only other options would be to use something out of copyright or to check that it includes music on hold.

Only other alternative may be to get a music editor which can take in a public domain midi file and then use a free sample (similar to the **** the government has used).
tech347536 m ago

For the record, it is possible to use a VOIP system internally with an …For the record, it is possible to use a VOIP system internally with an adapter for the old BT connection. This can offer things like recording all calls or music on hold.Looking around, there is music available but they may require a one time fee.For example:https://www.akmmusic.co.uk/royalty-free-music-pricinghttps://www.bensound.com/licensingOnly other options would be to use something out of copyright or to check that it includes music on hold.Only other alternative may be to get a music editor which can take in a public domain midi file and then use a free sample (similar to the **** the government has used).

Thank you. I’ll take a look at adapters
hairray1 h, 56 m ago

Thank you. I’ll take a look at adapters

For the record, in the past I've used FreePBX (either on a RPi or as a VM on a server) with the Linksys SPA3000 (discontinued).

Getting it to work can be a pain, but in the end I got it to work after finding a decent enough guide.

Currently trying it with 3CX but no luck so far.
Don’t go the music route. Just a general “will be with you soon” or something. Trust me
Dolphinzz7 h, 11 m ago

Don’t go the music route. Just a general “will be with you soon” or somet …Don’t go the music route. Just a general “will be with you soon” or something. Trust me

At the moment we answer the phone, tell the caller that we’re busy with another client and place them on hold. Trouble is the hold is silent, I guess that could be a good thing in comparison some of the not so spicy tunes you tend to hear when on hold.
Hold is usually a short amount of time as well, 20 seconds to 2 minutes.
tech34759 h, 12 m ago

For the record, in the past I've used FreePBX (either on a RPi or as a VM …For the record, in the past I've used FreePBX (either on a RPi or as a VM on a server) with the Linksys SPA3000 (discontinued).Getting it to work can be a pain, but in the end I got it to work after finding a decent enough guide.Currently trying it with 3CX but no luck so far.

Thanks for the pointers, I’m assuming set up guides are less than helpful?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants