Music recommendations: Chilled Music

23 replies
Found 23rd Aug 2009
I'm a hip hop and r'n'b lover, and i'm trying to open up to other genres. I really like soft, soothing music like maroon 5, and coldplay are good too. I specifically want to listen to soothing sounding music. Your recommendations will be appreciated by rep!
Love you too.

23 Comments

moby.

Original Poster

Mclovin;6091771

moby.

thanks, will spotify it :thumbsup:

certain fatboy slim tracks and moby

im also into all kinds of music

and id say listen to Jason mraz. Iv havent heard much of his stuff but i like the music i have heard of his.

Original Poster

yep i've given moby a listen, sounds good! the music is quite relaxed which is what im looking for! repped!

Speaking from personal experience, there are loads of Beatles songs that I find relaxing. I rarely listen to any 'chilled' music as such, but they have a soothing effect on me.

Original Poster

We_Are_138;6091831

Speaking from personal experience, there are loads of Beatles songs that … Speaking from personal experience, there are loads of Beatles songs that I find relaxing. I rarely listen to any 'chilled' music as such, but they have a soothing effect on me.

no thats cool :thumbsup:
could you please give me a track name that you find relaxing, so I can give it a sample! Cheers

I just skimmed over a list of their songs and pulled some out. There are probably more and some may be weird choices, but all of these make me feel relaxed for some reason. It's not particularly my type of music as such either.

A Day in the Life
All My Loving
And I Love Her
Come Together
Doctor Robert
Eleanor Rigby
From Me to You
Hello Goodbye
Here Comes the Sun
Here, There and Everywhere
Hey Jude
I Feel Fine
I'm Only Sleeping
Lady Madonna
Let It Be
Love Me Do
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Martha My Dear
Octopus's Garden
Penny Lane
Strawberry Fields
The Fool on the Hill
The Long and Winding Road
Yesterday
While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I would agree on Jason Mraz. How about Norah Jones, her music is very soothing to listen to.:)

Original Poster

thanks guys Jason Mraz is amazing!

thanks for the effort for the beatles track list We_Are_138! will check them out!

you guys are amazing! rep for you all!

keep them coming! :thumbsup:

get into

tom mcrae
charlie winston
tom baxter

(youtube/google searches will get you the most stuff, but mp3's are available!)

* NOTE : Charlie winston is from suffolk, but is like the biggest thing in france @ the mo!!
news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

-radishnet

try edie brickell

anything by Enigma

enigma
enya
Both new age kinda stuff.
If you're looking for less new agey more chillout stuff, try buddha bar compilations, pure chillout etc.
Also, try Acosutic alchemy, Alabama 3, 9 lazy 9, 808 state, air.....
Some electro chillout thats quite good is things like aphex twin, amon tobin, mono, bonobo, chicane,caribou, lemon jelly, boards of canada....
There's also some pretty good turntablism stuff like blockhead, lovage and a few others
Also, try out hip hop beats kinda music, i find that quite relaxing.... artists like Aim, fingathing, red snapper and saltillo
And finally, some good chilled out pop would be things like dido, blur, david gray, carla bruni, and quite a few others.

Sorry for the long list..... I'm quite into my music and love chillout, electronica and beats so know quite a few good artists

treble99;6091976

One of my best chillout tunes :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVXiw-hHqsw

nice one:thumbsup:

Sigur Ros
MGMT
Empire of the Sun
Passion Pit

Banned

You could try Govi

]Clicky

try Chicane also

Ungreat;6092902

Sigur Ros

Another vote for Sigur Ros, beautiful music.

http://thugz4life.co.uk/images/music/mos%2520chilled%2520front.jpg

M.O.S Chilled... excellent starting point... think there is a sequel to this compilation this year... Chilled 2.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_jNEXYZPXAes/R9gS-pcsPRI/AAAAAAAAAK4/onARnWfTHXc/s400/untitled.jpg

Jakatta - Visions... probably my fave, you will recognise a lot of the music (probably) from films (Shawhank Redemption , American Beauty etc)

Original Poster

thanks guys, very useful feedback!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. School shoes - with lights66
    2. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…79
    3. Assassin's Creed Origins deals?11
    4. Has anyone truly cut the cord with their landline and gone to a 4G connecti…22

See more discussions