Music server software which syncs with ipod?

3 replies
Found 20th Nov 2010
I've got a NAS running Linux and 4 different devices each with different music libraries on them (1 PC, 1 laptop, 1 ipod & 1 Android phone). I'd like to pull everything together into 1 source on the NAS. The PC and Laptop could pull direct from the NAS, but where I'm a little stuck is the Android and Ipod. The android isn't too bad, a bit of a faff, but possible, the ipod I've not got a clue about though.

Preferably I'd be able to plug it into the PC or Laptop and have it sync to the music server via them. Is this possible?

If anyone has a similar setup I'd appreciate knowing how you solved it!

2 Comments

check the buffalo linkstation live, it has bonjours and appletalk so maybe possible

I think apple stopped an app that was quite intereseting eg you could sync wirelessly . Well from app store, so check google for that news/tech story
Edited by: "dontasciime" 20th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Will take a look, I've a Western Digital Mybook, but have hacked it for full access to the linux beneath
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Spotify family22
    2. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    3. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    4. Urgent help needed with travel agent56

See more discussions