Groups

music you just can't get out of your head!!!! Jumping in Puddles!

Banned

Every now and then, we all get a piece of music that is either really enjoyable or we associate it with some event or other (like a holiday for instance.)

Well its just happened to me anyway!

Last weekend my neice got married in civil ceremony in Clearwell Castle in Gloucestershire. She walked down the aisle to a track probably better known for a BBC advert.

Hoppipolla (Jumping in Puddles) by Icelandic group Sigur Ros.... The lyrics are in Icelandic too. i just seem to want to play it over and over
    too. The video for the track is superb also.... And is about the innocence of kids – but played out by gangs of OAPs! (Which sounds pretty weird - but works well for some strange reason!)

The video and track is well worth a listen. Just a shame their back catalogue seems to be utter dross!

Any music that has had an effect over and above the norm to you?

What is it and whats the significance (if any)

4 Comments

Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is a good album.
    That said, I think I prefer chicane's cover, poppiholla slightly more (song not the video)

Edited by: "biomehanik" 18th Nov 2010

Original Poster Banned

biomehanik

Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is a good album.That said, I think I … Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is a good album.That said, I think I prefer chicane's cover, poppiholla slightly more (song not the video)

I have that, so will give it a whirl (dodgy cover though!).
    I'll also check out the cover version you mention.

So is it Hoppipolla or Poppiholla ?

Chicane - Poppiholla, a dancier version.
    Loads of music brings back memories for me - stuff that I've heard the band play live in concert or a dj drops into a set, opens the flood gates eg Kasabian Fire

Original Poster Banned

biomehanik

Chicane - Poppiholla, a dancier version.

Just downloaded and played. Me no like that version! (It totally destroys the magic of that piano, which is IMHO what makes this track special.)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927377
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2462
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767370
      4. word association Game74044538

See more discussions