"Must have" games for Xbox 360

So, I got an Xbox 360 a few weeks ago and I'm not really clued up about the decent 360 games out there, being a Sony customer in the past. I got a bunch of games with it but sold the ones I didn't like the look of, but here's what I have at the moment:

Skate 2, Rock Band AC/DC, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing 4, Devil May Cry 4, Guitar Hero World Tour and also Halo 2 (original Xbox)

I'd quite like a few more games so could anyone recommend any? I'd be interested to hear everyones list of "must have" games.

I already plan on getting Halo 3 once I've played Halo 2 through and also Hitman Blood Money, having thoroughly enjoyed it on the PS2. Not really into RPGs or sports games ('cept Skate).

20 Comments

Im not a fan of the halo series to be perfectly honest. Get GTA IV and bioshock

Original Poster

shosie;5148275

Im not a fan of the halo series to be perfectly honest. Get GTA IV and … Im not a fan of the halo series to be perfectly honest. Get GTA IV and bioshock

I have GTA IV for my PS3 but I'll certainly give Bioshock a look. I'm surprised I didn't think of that one sooner, given all the hype it had before its release!

street fighter 4, bioshock, cod 4,:thumbsup:gearsof war

cod4,the orange box,fifa09,gears of war1+2,rainbow six vegas2,burnout paradise,dead rising,star wars force unleashed.
loads of people love fallout3 and oblivion...not that keen tbh...great if ur into that sorta game but i prefer pick-up-and-playoh and haven played full version res evil5...but REALLY wanna!

Original Poster

Ah yes, CoD4 - the definitive FPS game of the 360. I don't have Live, is it still worth it for the offline gaming?

GoW was one of the games I sold. I've seen mates play it a bit but didn't look like my kind of thing.

oldmanhouse;5148286

I have GTA IV for my PS3 but I'll certainly give Bioshock a look. I'm … I have GTA IV for my PS3 but I'll certainly give Bioshock a look. I'm surprised I didn't think of that one sooner, given all the hype it had before its release!

Yeah bioshock is worth it, and bioshock 2 is in production too

oldmanhouse;5148322

Ah yes, CoD4 - the definitive FPS game of the 360. I don't have Live, is … Ah yes, CoD4 - the definitive FPS game of the 360. I don't have Live, is it still worth it for the offline gaming?GoW was one of the games I sold. I've seen mates play it a bit but didn't look like my kind of thing.

personally id get it even if you dont bash live all that much(like me)....loved cod4 but really liked rsv2 also...get bioshock too!lol!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

shaneomac;5148308

cod4,the orange box,fifa09,gears of war1+2,rainbow six vegas2,burnout … cod4,the orange box,fifa09,gears of war1+2,rainbow six vegas2,burnout paradise,dead rising,star wars force unleashed.loads of people love fallout3 and oblivion...not that keen tbh...great if ur into that sorta game but i prefer pick-up-and-playoh and haven played full version res evil5...but REALLY wanna!

Yeah i'm more a pick up and play kind of person too. Final Fantasy on PS1/2 is all I need really with regards to RPGs.

I love Burnout Paradise on PS3 and Orange Box on PC is quality. Will look into Rainbow Six as i've seen prices for it here on HUKD which make it very tempting. Haven't heard of Dead Rising so i'll give that a look-in too :thumbsup:

Original Poster

shosie;5148328

Yeah bioshock is worth it, and bioshock 2 is in production too

shaneomac;5148343

personally id get it even if you dont bash live all that much(like … personally id get it even if you dont bash live all that much(like me)....loved cod4 but really liked rsv2 also...get bioshock too!lol!:thumbsup:

Bioshock
CoD4
RSV2

That's my shortlist atm.. all shooters though! :-D

Just get COD4 & an Xbox live sub - you wont need anything else

Have you tried lovefilm? you can get a 90 day free trial, and get as many games as you like in that time..3 at your house a time.

dead rising is a zombie-whacking game in a mall...a bit old now...but still awesomeness!would def recommend rsv2 rather than the first one...can def pick it up for about a tenner or less now

Nick_;5148369

Have you tried lovefilm? you can get a 90 day free trial, and get as many … Have you tried lovefilm? you can get a 90 day free trial, and get as many games as you like in that time..3 at your house a time.

+1 but they suck at sending you the titles you REALLY want in my experience...but good call if you fancy a bash at a load of games before you buy:thumbsup:

hotukdeals.com/ite…0-/
possibly check this thread out-guy getting rid of cod4 collectors edition with 5 free live codes...sounds perfect for you mate!

Original Poster

Will def look into CoD4. Think a mate has a 48hr code I could have too so I can give the Xbox Live experience a go! I've got high hopes and expectations though as it's always one of the main points fanboys make in the Ps3 vs 360 'war'

Thanks all for your suggestions!

I know you said you're not really into sports games but Fight Night Round 3 is a really good boxing game and I would definitely recommend it - and with Round 4 coming out in the next few months you can pick it up for next to nothing. If you get a Live account then Left 4 Dead is worth a look too.

Some oldies but goodies are Crackdown, Just Cause, and Stranglehold. And if you want a racing game grab Race Driver: Grid, best there is (imo!)

COD, Orange Box, Dirt, PGR3, Bioshock.
For me though Halo 3 is one of the best games ever.:thumbsup:

halo 3 gears of war 1 and 2 riddick assault on dark athena and for a bargain frontlines fuel of war

definately GOW1 and GOW2 - best games ive ever been on
and every fifa that comes out probs

World At War (Call Of Duty 5)

My god the graphics are great....its just like being in the world war.....obviously with a lot less pain lol

If you want a decent game get that or as sadi above get 4 :):)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. word association Game74044563
    4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions