Groups

My 360 is constantly freezing and wont load anything up just freezes

Mu 360 is constantly freezing and wont load anything up just freezes -- been happening the last few days --- but 2nite i cant get on anything without it dying on my - this happened on my first 360 -- now on my 2nd

Do i need a replacement if so how do i go about it because im not prepared to wait 4 weeks for a new one

Daniel

88 Comments

its a server problem hopfully it will be sorted tommorow when they get off there hols

Dan...

Have you got the reciept + where did you buy it from?

I reckon you will get the 3 red lights, it's what happened to mine. It kept freezing, I turned on and off twice and then the console will get 3 red lights. I sent it back to microsoft and got a month code for live.

My mate bought from Gamestation at the same time as me, his got the RROD and they gave a replacement straight away ;-)

Wait for a PS3 I hear theres a price drop in january, if you wait until may i hear they'll drop the price when MGS4 and GTA 4 is out too.

[note i am not digging the 360 so dont have a go at me, its a little something between dandoc and a few of us :giggle:]

Original Poster

jackthelad;1403541

Dan...Have you got the reciept + where did you buy it from?I reckon you … Dan...Have you got the reciept + where did you buy it from?I reckon you will get the 3 red lights, it's what happened to mine. It kept freezing, I turned on and off twice and then the console will get 3 red lights. I sent it back to microsoft and got a month code for live.My mate bought from Gamestation at the same time as me, his got the RROD and they gave a replacement straight away ;-)

I got it from boots.com in may 2006 -- then got it replaced by them in april 07 so have had it barely 8 months ---- its only the core version but its not the point if its faulty

Question though - will i get a refurb or a whole new one ??

t0mm;1403569

Wait for a PS3 I hear theres a price drop in january, if you wait until … Wait for a PS3 I hear theres a price drop in january, if you wait until may i hear they'll drop the price when MGS4 and GTA 4 is out too.[note i am not digging the 360 so dont have a go at me, its a little something between dandoc and a few of us :giggle:]

Well honestly im going to be getting a ps3 next month and will be getting gta4 on it for one reason - i could never paly gta on the xbox controller and the 360 one is the same -- whereas the ps3 one is decent for that kind of game

Boots will refund you if you contact them.............

Oh & I'm buying a PS3 too - just for the release of gta though!!!!!!

dandoc2;1403577

I got it from boots.com in may 2006 -- then got it replaced by them in … I got it from boots.com in may 2006 -- then got it replaced by them in april 07 so have had it barely 8 months ---- its only the core version but its not the point if its faulty Question though - will i get a refurb or a whole new one ??

A store isnt obliged to change an item after the cooling off period [usually 28 days] has passed. Most off the time they will as a goodwill gesture. But seeing as its over a year since you got it and it will say on the order etc they wont touch it.

Aparently you can request a new one from microsoft instead of a refurb.

Original Poster

sadiebabes;1403587

Boots will refund you if you contact them.............

even though its 2 years since the purchase of the first -- i think i got a new receipt for my replacement so will have to look for that

t0mm;1403588

A store isnt obliged to change an item after the cooling off period … A store isnt obliged to change an item after the cooling off period [usually 28 days] has passed. Most off the time they will as a goodwill gesture. But seeing as its over a year since you got it and it will say on the order etc they wont touch it. Aparently you can request a new one from microsoft instead of a refurb.

You know nothing!! Away & sit in the corner! Boots will refund you Daniel!

Sadie why do you hate me?

dandoc2;1403595

even though its 2 years since the purchase of the first -- i think i got … even though its 2 years since the purchase of the first -- i think i got a new receipt for my replacement so will have to look for that

Yup, they sent you a new console & therefore a new 12 month warranty! Give them a wee call, they're really lovely & you print off a returns form from their website & post it back free

Edit: link for returns form if you don't have the original one........

boots.com/con…pdf

t0mm;1403605

Sadie why do you hate me?

You know I love you Thomas!!

I know more then you about boots. they're a nottingham company!!!!!!

t0mm;1403613

I know more then you about boots. they're a nottingham company!!!!!!

a nottm company making a lot of folk redundant at the moment;-)

sadiebabes;1403587

Boots will refund you if you contact them.............Oh & I'm buying a … Boots will refund you if you contact them.............Oh & I'm buying a PS3 too - just for the release of gta though!!!!!!

Why? If its just for one game get a 360 arcade version. it's being released on 360 with more features and earlier.

But have you ever returned an xbox to them wee man??

bitseylango;1403619

a nottm company making a lot of folk redundant at the moment;-)

Bitsey!!!!!!!! Are you back for good?!!

Original Poster

sadiebabes;1403607

Yup, they sent you a new console & therefore a new 12 month warranty! … Yup, they sent you a new console & therefore a new 12 month warranty! Give them a wee call, they're really lovely & you print off a returns form from their website & post it back free :)Edit: link for returns form if you don't have the original one........http://www.boots.com/content/pdf/returns.pdf

So will they give me my money back as i see they dont sell xbox 360 anymore - think i paid £189.99 for the core but nowadays you can get that arcade thing for like £160 with 2 games and 2 controllers

Prefer a refund but i dont think theyd give me one unless they cant offer me a replacement

dandoc2;1403630

So will they give me my money back as i see they dont sell xbox 360 … So will they give me my money back as i see they dont sell xbox 360 anymore - think i paid £189.99 for the core but nowadays you can get that arcade thing for like £160 with 2 games and 2 controllers Prefer a refund but i dont think theyd give me one unless they cant offer me a replacement

They'll refund you the price you paid! 100000% sure!

t0mm;1403624

Why? If its just for one game get a 360 arcade version. it's being … Why? If its just for one game get a 360 arcade version. it's being released on 360 with more features and earlier.

We already have an eliteeeeee! I want a PS3!!!!

sadiebabes;1403629

Bitsey!!!!!!!! Are you back for good?!!

if thats ok with you http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/g050.gif :-D

I love exclamation marks Where's JD to exclaim with me???

sadiebabes;1403625

But have you ever returned an xbox to them wee man??

No but i did it at blockbuster and they said because it was after 12 months I had to contact MS

I know its not the same company, but i'd already changed it once, 2 months before.

bitseylango;1403641

if thats ok with you :-D

Why wouldn't it be?!! :friends:

Did you have a nice Christmas honey?

Original Poster

sadiebabes;1403632

They'll refund you the price you paid! 100000% sure!

Even thought its been like 8 months - you 110% sure ???:-D

I just sent them a message asking for a replacement but i suppose i could ask for a refund as its like my 2nd 360 and its getting annoying

sadiebabes;1403639

We already have an eliteeeeee! I want a PS3!!!!

Damn me and JD better put our PSN's into stealth mode.

t0mm;1403644

No.... blah blah blah

I stopped reading after that Boots will refund him. I don't think they stock 360's anymore but even if they did he'd get a choice of a refund or a replacement. The call centre people are really lovely & the returns dept don't have a clue... My hubby even kept the extra controller & his harddrive when he sent his back!

sadiebabes;1403649

Why wouldn't it be?!! :friends: Did you have a nice Christmas honey?

yes it was good, lots to drink:thumbsup:

Theif.

Original Poster

Wouldnt mind a refund tho need the money and bar cod4 i barely play my 360 now because pes is rubbish and most of the games im bored with

Want that drakes fortune looks awesome

sadiebabes;1403663

I stopped reading after that Boots will refund him. I don't think they … I stopped reading after that Boots will refund him. I don't think they stock 360's anymore but even if they did he'd get a choice of a refund or a replacement. The call centre people are really lovely & the returns dept don't have a clue... My hubby even kept the extra controller & his harddrive when he sent his back!

Good job i didnt sell my wired controller when i got my wireless- dont really wana keep a wired one though

Df is a good game, but its hyped up by its graphics.

dandoc2;1403650

Even thought its been like 8 months - you 110% sure ???:-DI just sent … Even thought its been like 8 months - you 110% sure ???:-DI just sent them a message asking for a replacement but i suppose i could ask for a refund as its like my 2nd 360 and its getting annoying

Don't be all "it's getting annoying" to them... Say you're "disappointed it's happened again"

If you've had it under 12 months then I'm sure you'll get a refund. You're better off phoning them to make arrangements!

Original Poster

sadiebabes;1403675

Don't be all "it's getting annoying" to them... Say you're "disappointed … Don't be all "it's getting annoying" to them... Say you're "disappointed it's happened again" If you've had it under 12 months then I'm sure you'll get a refund. You're better off phoning them to make arrangements!

Well its my day off 2morro so i can spend all day on the premium rate line listening to mozart

t0mm;1403668

Theif.

Atleast I can spell!

I'm sure I'll live from a incy spelling mistake!

Original Poster

sadiebabes;1403683

Atleast I can spell!

No thats how irish ppl spell it and pronounce it "teeth"

dandoc2;1403676

Well its my day off 2morro so i can spend all day on the premium rate … Well its my day off 2morro so i can spend all day on the premium rate line listening to mozart

I think it's a free phone number & if it isn't....

[url]www.saynoto0870.com[/url]

So I can get away with it?! I'm 1/4 Irish!

On the other hand, you don't spot Daniels spelling mistake in his first word of his opening post?!

dandoc2;1403687

No thats how irish ppl spell it and pronounce it "teeth"

My mum's Irish & that's not how she spells it!!!!!!!

t0mm;1403697

So I can get away with it?! I'm 1/4 Irish!On the other hand, you don't … So I can get away with it?! I'm 1/4 Irish!On the other hand, you don't spot Daniels spelling mistake in his first word of his opening post?!

But Tom! That's just Dan! I expect so much more from you!!

Edit: I'm more Irish than youuuu!

Why?! I failed my GCSE's didn't I?!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions