My 360, now doesn't want to connect to my wirelles ethernet bridge... whats wrong?

10 replies
Found 1st Mar 2009
First it stopped working with my PC (over crossover/wireless) and now it won't work with my brothers flamin ethernet bridge..

What is wrong with it?

Tim

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Is it getting an IP/Gateway at all?

Original Poster

morrk;4525472

Is it getting an IP/Gateway at all?

Nope... I've tried it with another 360 and my pc... (the ethernet bridge)

It's almost as if the 360 is killing stuff (with voltage)

Tim

Banned

I think this happens when Xbox live bans your console.

Just kidding. I assume you have entered the IP and encryption details on the bridge?

Original Poster

guv;4525613

I think this happens when Xbox live bans your console.Yes the bridge has … I think this happens when Xbox live bans your console.Yes the bridge has been working fine for two weeks.Then when I go plug it in today it doesn't work now....:xJust kidding. I assume you have entered the IP and encryption details on the bridge?

Banned

timothyw9;4525623

Yes the bridge has been working fine for two weeks.Then when I go plug it … Yes the bridge has been working fine for two weeks.Then when I go plug it in today it doesn't work now....

Yeh, but are the details still on the bridge and not lost? Have you plugged it into a PC to check?

Original Poster

guv;4525639

Yeh, but are the details still on the bridge and not lost? Have you … Yeh, but are the details still on the bridge and not lost? Have you plugged it into a PC to check?

It comes up as limited connectivity on my pc...

Tim

Banned

timothyw9;4526011

It comes up as limited connectivity on my pc...

Hmm. Well there's the reason the Xbox wont connect!

It could be its faulty, but until you manage to get the bridge to work hard wired, you wont get it working wirelessly.

Original Poster

I've just tried turning off the security and it works fine now.

However, security is really needed yet when I try and find the gaming bridge on my pc (using the setup thing) it can't find it...

Tim

Banned

timothyw9;4526121

I've just tried turning off the security and it works fine now.However, … I've just tried turning off the security and it works fine now.However, security is really needed yet when I try and find the gaming bridge on my pc (using the setup thing) it can't find it...Tim

Are you talking about the Router here?

The bridge I have (or should say had since I cant find it anymore) you have to run a wizard to enable its settings on the bridge... ie set the security and IP.

Original Poster

guv;4526135

Are you talking about the Router here?The bridge I have (or should say … Are you talking about the Router here?The bridge I have (or should say had since I cant find it anymore) you have to run a wizard to enable its settings on the bridge... ie set the security and IP.

no, the bridge.

I've just got it working again with my pc though the (the crossover cable wireless pc, to 360)

worked fine when I took away the wep key and then when I re-enabled it seemed to work too now..

Yay....

Tim
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions