MY AIRBRUSHED XBOX 360 CASE

Moved from previous thread yesterday...here are pics of my unfinished xbox 360 case. Please note that i am not selling this at the moment or advertising myself as a business, i am just looking for advice and comments on my work.

30 Comments

Original Poster

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt132/jonny4toes/Caseandcontroll-1.jpg

Banned

IMHO shocking

Original Poster

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt132/jonny4toes/Rside-1.jpg

Original Poster

Still need to do a little bit more on the side shown above.

Original Poster

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt132/jonny4toes/Lside-1.jpg

that looks sick, if u get rrod tho are u gonna be in trouble? lol

Original Poster

in what way?

doesn't look too bad if you ask me.
I wouldn't have the giant "2" on the front though.
Other than that, not bad.

Jonny4toes;4332659

in what way?

well if u do that to ur xbox will they repair it for u??

Original Poster

no this is a spare case i bought...u can still put the original back on. I am looking to sell these at some point but this was my first airbrushing project...Im really just trying to get peoples opinions on my work at the moment, to see if they will be worth me looking to sell them in the future (not on here obviously). I am looking to move up from xbox cases to motorbikes etc in the future just wanting to get started on something smaller.

Not everyone's cup of tea I would imagine, but I think it looks good. I especially like the controller.
Are you going to lacquer them?

Jonny4toes;4332690

no this is a spare case i bought...u can still put the original back on. … no this is a spare case i bought...u can still put the original back on. I am looking to sell these at some point but this was my first airbrushing project...Im really just trying to get peoples opinions on my work at the moment, to see if they will be worth me looking to sell them in the future (not on here obviously). I am looking to move up from xbox cases to motorbikes etc in the future just wanting to get started on something smaller.

well i think its awesome, great job fella

my hubby said it looks nice i think u done a fab job

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;4332734

Not everyone's cup of tea I would imagine, but I think it looks good. I … Not everyone's cup of tea I would imagine, but I think it looks good. I especially like the controller.Are you going to lacquer them?

yea, once ive done all the touch-ups ill finish with a lacquer. This is only a first attempt so its not the theme or topic but the work itself that i want opinions on. Like i said before i will be looking at selling these at some point and want to guage how ready i am to do so. Thanks for the comment and keep 'em coming.:-D

Original Poster

acecatcher3;4332757

well i think its awesome, great job fella

thanks m8

I think you will do well if you do decide to do this with the motorbikes

Not my cuppa tea, I'd prefer something more girly or something daft, but I think it's a great idea and its really arty

It looks superb - I particularly like the Gears logo on the power switch.

Brill!

Have you done tests with the controller? Does the paint wear away? Come off in sweaty palms?

Nice job :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Angelstar;4333248

I think you will do well if you do decide to do this with the motorbikes

nunkey;4333518

It looks superb - I particularly like the Gears logo on the power … It looks superb - I particularly like the Gears logo on the power switch.Brill!

Thanks for the comments you guys, its nice to have good feedback on my first attempt. :thumbsup:

If you get into the bike trade, I'd like to see what you come up with

Looks good. As mentioned above what happens when hands get sweaty though?

Original Poster

Meadsy4742;4333575

Have you done tests with the controller? Does the paint wear away? Come … Have you done tests with the controller? Does the paint wear away? Come off in sweaty palms?

Ive not yet done the final coat (lacquer), but i will use a durable one. Using house of Kolor paints, which is used in high end automotive custom airbrushing work , gives me the ability to choose from a variety of top coats ie one that can handle more wear and tear.

Original Poster

Browni;4333796

If you get into the bike trade, I'd like to see what you come up with

Thanks dude :-D....so will i

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4333399
Not my cuppa tea, I'd prefer something more girly or something daft, but I think it's a great idea and its really arty

Thanks, i understand what you mean...im just trying to do stuff i find cool at the mo, i want to do a Spawn case next but my wife thinks i should cater for the girly gamers too! lol (and she is making me write this...its just not worth the grief if i dont):whistling:

Duuuuuuuuuuuude that is awesome!!!! your airbrushing is mad!!!! i really want one now, but COD4 theme. that would look soooo sick. keep it going mate and for a first try that it f****** ridiculously good Good luck with the bikes

nice. very nice. ya oughta be proud especially if its a 1st attempt?

Original Poster

Cheers all...ok ...again not self promotion (yet mwahahahaha) buuut ...IF i wnted to look at selling something like this ...how much would people look at paying for my work ...taking into consideration i use house of kolor paints which are top grade and my time spent (at the moment its my first time so its taken around 16 hours so far) I cant find anyone else in the uk who does this so i have no idea what people would pay...I would like to see from here what people think of my work and if im sellable and i can go from there

Original Poster

shanecr;4334124

nice. very nice. ya oughta be proud especially if its a 1st attempt?

Yes its my first time airbrushing anything
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763820
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523385
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356127
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846047

See more discussions