Found 13th May 2007
Who says this?

It wrote on here all the time. Is it a southern thing or something?

I first thought it was only people who had poor english but obviously not as I see it all the time :?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
47 Comments

not sure, obviously means 'my mistake'

basically, another word for 'My mistake'. I think its more of an apology

*Waits for this thread to turn into an argument over why we should use proper english*

Original Poster

I know what it means just think it sounds wrong :giggle:

Just wondered if it was something said elsewhere in the country cos nobody says it in the North East

i didn't think we had arguments just healthy debates

Original Poster

I not one for complaining about peoples grammar etc cos Im not perfect, even don't mind text talk, just this one always sticks in my head for some reason

col

I know what it means just think it sounds wrong :giggle: Just wondered if … I know what it means just think it sounds wrong :giggle: Just wondered if it was something said elsewhere in the country cos nobody says it in the North East

Its slang. I don't how to explain without sounding racist....(not that I am, people may take it the wrong way!)

Original Poster

birdyboyuk

Its slang. I don't how to explain without sounding racist....(not that I … Its slang. I don't how to explain without sounding racist....(not that I am, people may take it the wrong way!)

I know what you mean

It's like when I shouted 'Get down' in an air raid and half the people started dancing.

col

I know what it means just think it sounds wrong :giggle: Just wondered if … I know what it means just think it sounds wrong :giggle: Just wondered if it was something said elsewhere in the country cos nobody says it in the North East

I'll disagree with you there, I hear it from My kids and at work all the time.

freeDUMB

It's like when I shouted 'Get down' in an air raid and half the people … It's like when I shouted 'Get down' in an air raid and half the people started dancing.

:giggle: :giggle:

I'm pretty sure its an example of an American phrase now used by the English

Original Poster

Ok I stand corrected.

Maybe its new youth slang term and Im not up to date yet :thinking:

Paddy_o_furniture

I'll disagree with you there, I hear it from My kids and at work all the … I'll disagree with you there, I hear it from My kids and at work all the time.

col

Ok I stand corrected.Maybe its new youth slang term and Im not up to date … Ok I stand corrected.Maybe its new youth slang term and Im not up to date yet :thinking:

Not really, it's been around ages, and as said before, it's American slang

http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/Smilies/usaflag.gif

Original Poster

2. my bad

(n.) A combination of an apology and a dismissal. Basically, saying "oh yeah, I did that, but I don't care".

3. my bad

A grammatically incorrect way of acknowledging (facetiously) a wrongdoing.
Used very commonly by gangsta-wannabes and other sorts of conforming posers, the terrible grammar tends to drive literate people up the wall in absolute irritation.

Taken from urban dictionary found on google

col

Ok I stand corrected.Maybe its new youth slang term and Im not up to date … Ok I stand corrected.Maybe its new youth slang term and Im not up to date yet :thinking:

You've already missed your first opportunity to use the phrase!

Ok I stand corrected --> My bad

^_^

emasu

Not really, it's been around ages, and as said before, it's American slang

The Americans can take the saying and shove it where the sun don't shine:-D, because it sounds stupid:thumbsup:

Original Poster

freeDUMB

You've already missed your first opportunity to use the phrase!Ok I stand … You've already missed your first opportunity to use the phrase!Ok I stand corrected --> My bad^_^

Maybe Im not gangster :-(

My bad originally came from the term my bag.
This was a term used when playing a game of spades (a common jail house or hood game with cards) In the game you would have to fortell how many "books" or hands you would take. If you went over that number it was called a "bag". If you were playing with a partner, which was mostly common, it is considered a courtesy to claim your mistake by saing "My Bag" or get shot.... : ) your choice... anyway this carried out to the street and stupid beverly hills b*****s misundertood the ghetto term and said "My Bad" and it stuck in mainstream pop culture.

I know it all know. Im a "My bad" expert :thumbsup:

fox2020

The Americans can take the saying and shove it where the sun don't … The Americans can take the saying and shove it where the sun don't shine:-D, because it sounds stupid:thumbsup:

http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/Smilies/jerry.gif

col

Maybe Im not gangster :-( My bad originally came from the term my … Maybe Im not gangster :-( My bad originally came from the term my bag.This was a term used when playing a game of spades (a common jail house or hood game with cards) In the game you would have to fortell how many "books" or hands you would take. If you went over that number it was called a "bag". If you were playing with a partner, which was mostly common, it is considered a courtesy to claim your mistake by saing "My Bag" or get shot.... : ) your choice... anyway this carried out to the street and stupid beverly hills b*****s misundertood the ghetto term and said "My Bad" and it stuck in mainstream pop culture.I know it all know. Im a "My bad" expert :thumbsup:

Or you just like urban dictionary

Oh you already said that's where you got it from. Ignore me!

Original Poster

freeDUMB

Or you just like urban dictionary :pOh you already said that's where you … Or you just like urban dictionary :pOh you already said that's where you got it from. Ignore me!

You bad!

I was about to reply 'My bad gee' (I thought it sounded gangsta!:whistling: )
So I put 'gee' in urban dictionary, it looks like I'm not up to date with my Irish slang. :roll:
Then tryed 'jee' in urban dictionary, not good either lol

Which leaves me with...

My bad G

Original Poster

:giggle:

YO FUNNITY G

Was going to say, I think it originated in America...when I first heard it I thought it sounded stupid but I say it all the time now, now I am so used to hearing it on the internet and in American TV shows etc.

I think its sounds http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/Smilies/fart3.gif and have got to be honest, am also from the north east, and only ever heard it on here.

My daughter and her peers use it - mainly to wind parents up - apparently they heard it in South Park??

It's an American word, probably filtering through as a few others have

Lets just hope the words http://freeweb.supereva.com/esorciccio2002/smilies/censored.gif filter back to America:thumbsup:

http://www.elferteam.de/Forums/Smilies/stupid.gif

emasu

You done your homework tonight? Should'nt you be in bed boy!

emasu

Damn and Blast
http://ganjataz.com/Forum/images/smiles/j00-got-pwnt-badge.gif

Banned

where the heck does this saying come from, is it a tv show or something? it really does my head in when i see it:x

Shakespeare apparently (Sonnet 112):

Your love and pity doth the impression fill
Which vulgar scandal stamp'd upon my brow;
For what care I who calls me well or ill,
So you o'er-green my bad, my good allow?

you weren't expecting that were you , lmao !

more info here: phrases.org.uk/mea…tml

Original Poster

I posted a thread like this before

Rep to the finder :thumbsup:

D'oh beaten to it :giggle:

sadiebabes

D'oh beaten to it :giggle:

LOL only by a whisker

MY good !!

sassie

where the heck does this saying come from... it really does my head in … where the heck does this saying come from... it really does my head in when i see it:x

Yup - must have started about the same time as the spread of "so fun"

Original Poster

A way of admitting a mistake, and apologizing for that mistake, without actually apologizing.

A combination of an apology and a dismissal. Basically, saying "oh yeah, I did that, but I don't care".

Used very commonly by gangsta-wannabes and other sorts of conforming posers, the terrible grammar tends to drive literate people up the wall in absolute irritation.:giggle:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. amazon prime question11
    2. good place to buy stocks33
    3. Typical cost of boiler installation711
    4. Android TV box help?54

See more discussions