My bargain from Ebay ................so chuffed :))

371 replies
Found 19th May 2011
Daughters bike broke at the weekend and she was getting a bit big for it anyway !..So had a look on Ebay for something to tide her over for now and came across this ( pic in first post ) .....start price was 99p and as i was the only bidder thats what i got it for , lol, and it was only 5 mins away to pick up !!...Its practically brand new .........so pleased with myself !

I witnessed this epic thread. 19/05/2011
- vibeone

yes...but i was here when it become LEGENDARILY EPIC
- magicbeans

And I Exposed it !!!!
- rangermastiffs

yeah but you're always exposing it rangermastiffs
- wishihadadonkey

that's called flaunting it ....
- rangermastiffs

OP is searching ebay for Pinocchio on DVD with prices starting at 99p she should get a bargain
- boothy

OP needs to spend more than 99p for a spade to dig the hole she is digging.
- greatest666

I put the first tag on
- chalkysoil

HUKD is not Facebook!
- tomwatts

lol @ me deleting posts and making thread less than 400 posts, does the badge stay?
- dataload

LOL at dataload having such a vendetta !!!........like a badge means that much to me .....lol

lol @ you thinking it's about you, i did it to annoy your friends more than you
- dataload

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
371 Comments

Original Poster

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae199/frostieswife/100_2354.jpg

Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 19th May 2011

Awww, that's nice.
I hope your daughter likes her new bike

EDIT: Just seen the pic, wow, bargain! It's £99 here theoriginalfactoryshop.co.uk/Sho…tml

was going to ruin your thread by posting a picture of a bike with missing wheels but i was too slow

nice bike for the price

personally i would have given more than 99p, 20 quid or something but each to their own
Edited by: "dataload" 19th May 2011

Original Poster

dataload

was going to ruin your thread by posting a picture of a bike with missing … was going to ruin your thread by posting a picture of a bike with missing wheels but i was too slownice bike for the price

Haha, was too quick for you :p.........its brill isnt it , felt a right hinge handing over a pound though , lol

Banned

Subscribed so i'm ready to report you when try to resell it on fo.lk for a profit

omg the seller must of been going insane!

Banned

bargain of the month! well done

i really dont know how you guys can pull a straight face when going to pick it up.
Do you guys just knock on their door, give them a pound then take it away?
Excellent bargain btw.
Edited by: "Artonox" 19th May 2011

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Subscribed so i'm ready to report you when try to resell it on fo.lk for … Subscribed so i'm ready to report you when try to resell it on fo.lk for a profit

Haha, hubby took it round to bike shop yesterday to get it checked over and said he would give us £80 for it .............MMmmmm,was tempted X)

Banned

looks stolen to me oO

Sloth/Mod

Nice one shops

Hope you got your penny change X)

Banned

shopstilldrops

Haha, hubby took it round to bike shop yesterday to get it checked over … Haha, hubby took it round to bike shop yesterday to get it checked over and said he would give us £80 for it .............MMmmmm,was tempted X)

Should of taken the £80, you can get them new for £100
theoriginalfactoryshop.co.uk/Sho…tml

Even if i won it for £0.99p, think i would of offered a bit more on cash on collection.....

Its only right..

But then you could say they should of put a higher start price.

Edited by: "RickT" 19th May 2011

Original Poster

Artonox

i really dont know how you guys can pull a straight face when going to … i really dont know how you guys can pull a straight face when going to pick it up.Do you guys just knock on their door, give them a pound then take it away?

Well thats what i won it for so what do you expect me to do ??..............say Ermmmm, heres £40 as you are stupid enough to not put a reserve price ...........get real !!!

Original Poster

Syzable

Nice one shops :)Hope you got your penny change X)

Lol, no i gave her it all in pennies .........( joking )

Was embarrasing though handing over a pound .........mind you was a big posh house, deffo didnt need the cash !

Banned

dataload

if the seller was happy(enough) to hand it over for a quid then fair … if the seller was happy(enough) to hand it over for a quid then fair enough, he's either a total ebay noob and made a mistake setting up the listing or doesn't give two **** and just wants rid, win win for you and your kid anyway

Any auction is a gamble, If they just wanted it gone 99p sold is better than £10 start and no bids
Edited by: "whatsThePoint" 19th May 2011

did you ask for the 1p back?

I would have done the decent thing and given them a tenner at least

Original Poster

dataload

if the seller was happy(enough) to hand it over for a quid then fair … if the seller was happy(enough) to hand it over for a quid then fair enough, he's either a total ebay noob and made a mistake setting up the listing or doesn't give two **** and just wants rid, win win for you and your kid anyway

They have over 421 sales so not a newbie , but not short either as it was a big massive house and she wheeled it out of a big double garage ,,so like you said probably jusy want rid ( prob expecting more though lol)

99p is cheaper for someone to collect it than it is to take it to the tip...

Plus, they may felt sorry for you OP..

Fact is.. you won it for that, thats how much you should pay, and the seler could of ended the sale at any time if they wanted to..

Good job you did not pay via payal as the profit for the seller would of been around £0.75p with ebay fees and final value !

Well Done!

Edited by: "RickT" 19th May 2011

Banned

I got a bargain of a bike for a fiver on eBay for my boy. I gave the guy a tenner which was before he mentioned the money was for his lad as he was saving for something. Felt good.

Banned

boothy

Offering a £10 is stupid not decent, Do you buy something cheap in a shop and say here have a £10 because i think this item priced at £1 is worth it

Original Poster

boothy

Why ?..............she didnt seem bothered and was very nice on the phone when arranging collection , why should i be £9 down when i won it fair and square for there starting price of 99p!

whatsThePoint

Offering a £10 is stupid not decent, Do you buy something cheap in a shop … Offering a £10 is stupid not decent, Do you buy something cheap in a shop and say here have a £10 because i think this item priced at £1 is worth it

I think its different when its another "person" rather than a high street company

It's a great bargain,but i couldn't have only given them a pound either.

I bought a top from a new seller recently and i won it for a pound and free postage,i had to Paypal her some more money,maybe i'm too soft lol

Original Poster

RickT

99p is cheaper for someone to collect it than it is to take it to the … 99p is cheaper for someone to collect it than it is to take it to the tip... Plus, they may felt sorry for you OP..Fact is.. you won it for that, thats how much you should pay, and the seler could of ended the sale at any time if they wanted to..Good job you did not pay via payal as the profit for the seller would of been around £0.75p with ebay fees and final value ! Well Done!

oO...why would they feel sorry for me ?...........i was prepared to pay a lot more just as it happens i didnt have to ( lucky for me )..

Banned

why should they of given more-its ebay. if the seller wanted more then either set a reserve or start at a higher bid. thats the game....

shopstilldrops

Well thats what i won it for so what do you expect me to do … Well thats what i won it for so what do you expect me to do ??..............say Ermmmm, heres £40 as you are stupid enough to not put a reserve price ...........get real !!!

First off, i didnt expect you to do anything differently?
If we talk real, then i will just find it slightly awkward to win something that looks in great condition off someone for a pound.
That said, they must have put down 99p for a reason. Fair enough from me if they are prepared to sell it at that..
Edited by: "Artonox" 19th May 2011

No way can you just hand over £1 thats just tight and you went out and got it priced up in the local bike shop after lol,

deb8z

It's a great bargain,but i couldn't have only given them a pound either.I … It's a great bargain,but i couldn't have only given them a pound either.I bought a top from a new seller recently and i won it for a pound and free postage,i had to Paypal her some more money,maybe i'm too soft lol

im like that lol i won some next bedding and curtains for my son and the postage was £4 but when it arrived she had paid £9 odd so i sent her back £4.50 as she was new and would of lost more money in fees and i felt bad.

I agree mate, quid is a quid. You pay the monies you get the goodies. Why give your hard earned away?

Those who would have given them a tenner want your heads looking at, why the heck would you do that?

Banned

RickT

I think its different when its another "person" rather than a high street … I think its different when its another "person" rather than a high street company

How is it different?

Are you saying if i offered a 3DS for £80 on folk you would say "here i insist you take £150 instead because its worth that"

pink-ka

im like that lol i won some next bedding and curtains for my son and the … im like that lol i won some next bedding and curtains for my son and the postage was £4 but when it arrived she had paid £9 odd so i sent her back £4.50 as she was new and would of lost more money in fees and i felt bad.

You are as bad as me lol my sister thought i was mental sending extra money,she said,well it's her own fault.

But i felt mean and my sis didn't get why i was bothered lol

Original Poster

waterloo

No way can you just hand over £1 thats just tight and you went out and … No way can you just hand over £1 thats just tight and you went out and got it priced up in the local bike shop after lol,

NO...........if you read it properly we took it round to get it checked over for safety ( brakes, tyres etc ) and hubby asked how much do you reckon we just paid blah blah .......and he was gobsmacked !!!

Fab......I won a BNWT £100 prom dress for 99p this week X).Ebay is addictive

Banned

Bike is hideous though, they probably weren't bothered to let it go for 99p.

Original Poster

choc1969

Fab......I won a BNWT £100 prom dress for 99p this week X).Ebay is … Fab......I won a BNWT £100 prom dress for 99p this week X).Ebay is addictive

Great isnt it ...............watch though choc youll get slaughtered now for not offering at least a tenner !..:p

Sloth/Mod

boothy

Why didn't you give this person a tenner? - hotukdeals.com/dea…590

It was definately worth that so what's the difference???

A lot of high and mighty **** on this thread.
Edited by: "Syzable" 19th May 2011

InfernoGroup

I agree mate, quid is a quid. You pay the monies you get the goodies. Why … I agree mate, quid is a quid. You pay the monies you get the goodies. Why give your hard earned away?Those who would have given them a tenner want your heads looking at, why the heck would you do that?

Everybody is different aren't they,as i say,my sis would have no qualms about paying a pound but i'd feel too guilty.

choc1969

Fab......I won a BNWT £100 prom dress for 99p this week X).Ebay is … Fab......I won a BNWT £100 prom dress for 99p this week X).Ebay is addictive

i agree, im always looking for bargains and buy stuff just for the sake of it, my partner says i buy to much s*** lol
Edited by moderator: "Swear filter avoidance" 19th May 2011

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Amazon deliveries36
  2. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
  3. Computer upgrades89
  4. Invisalign dental braces in London22

See more discussions