My camera is broke :-(

1 reply
Found 13th Dec 2006
I brought a camera at the end of August, this one...

dixons.co.uk/mar…874dixons.co.uk/mar…874

But now it wont turn on to take pictures anymore :shock: Will i be able to get a replacement from dixions? cant afford to buy a new one :-(

Please help!

1. Misc
  2. Camera
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Camera
2 Comments

If you have a receipt they will either repair or exchange/refund
got this info from their web site

Faulty Goods

The following are guidelines. Wherever possible we will respond to your individual circumstances.

If there is a fault with your product within 12 months of delivery (or other defect with your order), we will normally offer a prompt repair, exchange or refund. You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 28 days of delivery. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault.

To qualify for a refund or exchange the product must be:

- in otherwise "as new" condition; and

- complete with any accessories and free gifts offered with it and, if possible, the original box and packaging.

Please phone Aftersales on 0870 333 1222 (9am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday). If a fault occurs while you are abroad, please contact us after you return to the UK.

This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear. For consumable items (e.g. non-rechargeable batteries, camera films, ink cartridges etc) the guarantee period is three months from delivery.

If a pre-recorded videotape, DVD, CD, minidisc or other software is faulty under guarantee we will happily exchange it for the same title or offer a refund.

Any refund due to a fault or other defect will include a refund of the applicable delivery charge. We will also pay for our costs of collecting goods for replacement or refund. Replacement goods are sent by standard delivery only (i.e. premium services are not available).

THIS RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. DETAILS OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU OR CONSUMER DIRECT.

The camera in question is also covered by fuji's warranty providing you registered the camera, with the date of purchase etc,they give you a year then you can take out superwarranty for £35 for another 2 years and so on - but take your receipt and camera to dixons they should replace it - I know argos do as long as it is accompanied by a valid receipt.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769554
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849
    3. Add one, leave one game54415461
    4. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4181

See more discussions