Groups

MY CAR DIED :0( DO I REPLACE WITH FLOPTOP OR RUNAROUND?

So the cam belt snaps on way to dentist and I am told that it will have probably ruined everything with it!!!

Do I buy another soft top when prices are going to be silly as we have glimpsed the sun? or do I get a cheap runaround until autumn and then get a floptop?

Would love a Merc but think I will have to settle for a Peaugeot or Renault Megane if I go for a floptop due to rising petrol prices! and have already decided on metallic blue or silver and hopefully an automatic being a kripple I find it hard to drive a manual without pain!!!

13 Comments

why not get it checked out first? :thinking:

Even a replacement engine would surely be cheaper than a new car :w00t:

get a bike =p

What's a floptop?

Original Poster

Flop top is a soft top!!!

Being kripple it's a tad hard to ride a bike but nice suggestion derrr!!!!

I will get it checked but spoken to 3 mechanics who all told me its probably more expensive to fix than get a 2nd hand car.....

what u mean kripple??

what make / model is your car

i have a similar dilemma

Banned

depending on how badly the cam belt has damaged your engine it may be repairable........happened to my mates rabbit........cost him around £500 notes

Eez1;8204504

what u mean kripple??

I think she means disabled.....duh:roll::? :thinking:

Original Poster

It was a Rover cabriolet so not worth that much so maybe not worth repairing but we will have a look!

Traceyhay thanks for the answer saves me wasting me time but I am a "she" !! Did make me larf tho :thumbsup:

Now off to search papers for anything going!!! Unless someone has a bargain.........................:0)

fifitrix123;8204779

It was a Rover cabriolet so not worth that much so maybe not worth … It was a Rover cabriolet so not worth that much so maybe not worth repairing but we will have a look!Traceyhay thanks for the answer saves me wasting me time but I am a "she" !! Did make me larf tho :thumbsup:Now off to search papers for anything going!!! Unless someone has a bargain.........................:0)

:oops: sorry about the girl thing, was just so caught up in the stupidity of the question:? fixed now see edit

tracyhay;8204738

I think she means disabled.....duh:roll::? :thinking:

haha i knew what she meant duhhh just wanted to know to what extent! but thinkin now its nun of my business =] soz OP

Original Poster

No worries nosey!!! I have spinal probs and a terminal lung disease so god knows what the point is in buying a new car anyway haha!!!

You gotta larfff...............:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1626
      2. Ditched Sky911
      3. Biscuit addiction59
      4. sky q is it a good deal?68

See more discussions