Groups

My car insurance up 50%!

I have just had a renewal car insurance quote from Churchill up by 50%! It's a good price compared to some people here i know, but how can it go up 50%! I haven't claimed, car is still the same so no reason to adjust. this is a straight renewal.

I have also found my car tax has increased, came through from DVLA and said £175, but £200 at the Post Office. Petrol up too... I need a car so unavoidable.

11 Comments

Yeah my Mum's renewal came through and nothing has changed since last year other then favourable: another years no claims, and another years driving experience (only passed 2 years ago) and has gone up as well.

Its common for your renewal to be higher than last year.

I'd query the insurance, sometimes just a quickie phone call can get you a better deal - then shop around. Can't do much about the others I'm afraid!

Its all the claims that people been putting in *Crash for Cash* thats probably one of the reasons why insurance is gone up and blame good all Labour Party for putting up the road tax.

You rather get a motorbike probably much cheaper to run...lol

never stay with the same insurer for years, loyalty doesn't pay

tillyfloss;8479614

Agree! My insurers put mine up by 40 quid this year. I went and compared and saved over 70 pounds! Might put it toward buying a pound sign for my laptop!

tillyfloss;8479614

Agree with that
    My dad was with Churchill for about 15 years and this year went with RAC as they beat his current churchill price by about £150 and got £30 cashback for taking a policy out over the phone and a full breakdown recovery service as well

I change insurer every year! :-D

Original Poster

Its only the second year, so first renewal...

BlackCloud;8481700

Its only the second year, so first renewal...

Try using Gocompare, Confused.com or Money supermarket...Guarenteed you'll get a better price!

For the car tax, maybe the renewal letter was sent at the old rate before the new budget came out on 5th April when the rates went up?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846221
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416144
      3. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831227

See more discussions