My Car Radio has stopped working and is asking me enter a "code"

Found 5th Jan 2016
My car radio has just stop working and it's asking me to enter a code.It was after a few repairs and a jumpstart. It is a Ford Fiesta Finesse 2003 Reg. I have no idea how to get this code. Could someone please help? Thanks
Community Updates
AskCarCar StereoRadio
20 Comments
search ford website or Google car make and model radio code
good luck
Look in the handbook pack. Should be on a card or jotted down somewhere.
It should be in the radio or car handbook, if you still have it?
Sometimes the code is written on the actual radio, try to get it out and have a look. Good luck
Depending on age, you can get it from the handbook, or quite often it may be on the radio, sticker or other, if not Google your local car stereo place and take it to get it unlocked, was your car battery dead by any chance hence the jump-start? This could explain why you now need the code
Try 1590 .
5190 I mean.
Ring the ford dealer 2moro and give the reg of the car and they normally will tell u over the phone.
Thank u guys. All very helpful comments. I'll try them all rVery much appreciated.
This may sound weird but Get your battery checked/replace if not holding charge? sounds like it could let you down in the cold weather. More annoying than no radio. The code can be worked out from the serial number
So it is working, because it is asking you to enter a code. Sorted.
Try http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/

Or on MSE this guy can get most free except v series which have to come from the dealer

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…576
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 6th Jan 2016
iRuman

So it is working, because it is asking you to enter a code. Sorted.

Car Radios don't function (work) if asking for a code, user functions such as cd selection, radio tuning and volume are off
If it's an M series radio I've got a code calculator, Just need the serial number, Think if you press 1 and 6 at the same time it will display the serial number something like "Mxxxxxx". If you can't then it's written on the radio but you'd have to remove it.
I used a free program I downloaded 2 years to get the code. There are phone / tablet apps that you can use and eBay sellers will get you code for a few quid. Youtube will have some how tos if you need help getting radio code or want to get a better idea what's easiest for you
I used the mse website mrwhitelabel recomended a few years back when i needed a radio code. Had a reply in about an hour and code worked
I heard taking it out and sticking it in the freezer works...never did try that one haha.
It should be in the handbook package.

If not you might have to remove the radio & it sometimes is written on the back.

If you do remove it you will see its serial number which you can give the dealers to find the code, Also there is a thread on moneysavingexpert forums that could give you the code for free depending on the make of car.
Hastie86

I heard taking it out and sticking it in the freezer works...never did … I heard taking it out and sticking it in the freezer works...never did try that one haha.

With these newer models I find they work best if you stick them in the Microwave :).
What's the m or V serial number I'll give you the code
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants