My Car was stolen yesterday 14th Oct in Bury LANCS please keep a look out

Posted 15th OctEdited by:"aw08"
PLEASE KEEP A LOOK OUT ?? DUMPED ???

IN USE Around bury area thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

29 Comments
There are probably hundreds of people who own this car model in your area. Without something more specific to your car I am not sure how you are expecting people to give you any useful information.
Have you let the police know they have cameras with ANPR but its probably in pieces by now sold for spares
Cars taken are usually stripped within the hour and sold on eBay gumtree or sent abroad
I'll keep an eye out. Don't live too far away.
Adam78612315/10/2019 16:03

Comment deleted

It’s a ten year old car and only done 38k a year might only be on its second set of disc and coils and shocks corrode doesn’t sound bad at all, and would get tested in the next month anyway. But good work trying to make the Op worse than they already are
Need pictures
Will keep an eye out i live not far from you (DERBY HIGH AREA) if i see anything i will PM You
was it insured for theft?
It's probably laying smouldering in a wood somewhere after being used for a ramraid or getaway and then set fire to. That's really unfortunate that someone stole it and it must be horrible for you to have realised that it had been stolen, but you've probably got a near to zero chance getting it back.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 15th Oct
toddyj998715/10/2019 17:04

Will keep an eye out i live not far from you (DERBY HIGH AREA) if i see …Will keep an eye out i live not far from you (DERBY HIGH AREA) if i see anything i will PM You

thank you ...
Y
Luckyluke0215/10/2019 15:22

Have you let the police know they have cameras with ANPR but its probably …Have you let the police know they have cameras with ANPR but its probably in pieces by now sold for spares

yes soon as it happened ....... heard nothing .....
eslick15/10/2019 16:29

It’s a ten year old car and only done 38k a year might only be on its s …It’s a ten year old car and only done 38k a year might only be on its second set of disc and coils and shocks corrode doesn’t sound bad at all, and would get tested in the next month anyway. But good work trying to make the Op worse than they already are

what was the comment ??
Sorry to hear that, will keep a look out for you, in Prestwich. Have you posted on local Facebook?
aw0815/10/2019 18:10

what was the comment ??

they deleted their comment saying it sounded bad because they had checked the MOT database and seen the advisories, one of the stupidest comments ever just trying to upset you when there was nothing wrong with your car, hopefully it was deleted because someone reported it.
Probably best to report to the police, you know crime is part of their job!

Then contact your insurance and start planning what car you are going to buy with the payout. Even if the car is recovered chances are they criminal has damaged the ignition and the insurance will probably write it off as uneconomical to repair.
suejb215/10/2019 18:25

Sorry to hear that, will keep a look out for you, in Prestwich. Have you …Sorry to hear that, will keep a look out for you, in Prestwich. Have you posted on local Facebook?

No i not on FB .... would that be worth a shot ?
666FU15/10/2019 19:07

Probably best to report to the police, you know crime is part of their …Probably best to report to the police, you know crime is part of their job!Then contact your insurance and start planning what car you are going to buy with the payout. Even if the car is recovered chances are they criminal has damaged the ignition and the insurance will probably write it off as uneconomical to repair.

see above

Luckyluke0215/10/2019 15:22Have you let the police know they have cameras with ANPR but its probably …Read more

yes soon as it happened ....... heard nothing ..... & insurance
aw0815/10/2019 19:15

No i not on FB .... would that be worth a shot ?

Definitely, get somebody to do it for you. Search for your local areas
So sorry to hear this aw08. It's a horrid thing to happen to anyone so my sympathies.

I love all the "positive" comments people have left. They make it sound like it's definitely Nicholas Cage and his gang nicking cars to order to stick in a container. It's not always like the movies though. All this talk of ramraids, getaways and so-forth - it's a Hyundai i10 - not a JCB or a BMW! It could just be a youth(s) who fancied a joyride and just left it in some random carpark. You just don't know.

Good for you OP, for trying to do anything you can. At least you feel as if you're doing something constructive rather than sitting back and waiting for the inneffectual Police to act. I don't blame you. Let's hope you get a satisfactory outcome and hear something soon. Crossed fingers for you!

Regards, Phsy.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 15th Oct
I'd be hoping it isn't found. I wouldn't want my car back after it's been stolen
MonkeyMan9015/10/2019 22:57

I'd be hoping it isn't found. I wouldn't want my car back after it's been …I'd be hoping it isn't found. I wouldn't want my car back after it's been stolen

They will just steal it again anyway, that happens loads when cars are recovered usually within a few weeks.
Phsycronix15/10/2019 20:01

So sorry to hear this aw08. It's a horrid thing to happen to anyone so my …So sorry to hear this aw08. It's a horrid thing to happen to anyone so my sympathies.I love all the "positive" comments people have left. They make it sound like it's definitely Nicholas Cage and his gang nicking cars to order to stick in a container. It's not always like the movies though. All this talk of ramraids, getaways and so-forth - it's a Hyundai i10 - not a JCB or a BMW! It could just be a youth(s) who fancied a joyride and just left it in some random carpark. You just don't know.Good for you OP, for trying to do anything you can. At least you feel as if you're doing something constructive rather than sitting back and waiting for the inneffectual Police to act. I don't blame you. Let's hope you get a satisfactory outcome and hear something soon. Crossed fingers for you!Regards, Phsy.

Thank you So Much you have made me feel better ..... some of these comment left me hopeless
i feel traumatized and so upset by the event its self while i was working .....

i do not know what to do next i know its only a car nobody died , but i feel helpless ....

i just hoped someone may see or notice my Car dumped somewhere after the joy ride ran out of petrol !
thank you for your comment and support

i am ringing the police every day ..... no news yet ...... i don't know what to do next ......

FB was suggested but i am not really sure how that works , if you have to have followers to re message it ? !

its all i can think about ..... i am re running it in my mind constantly ....... i really thought it would have been found by now ??

maybe by being seen on a camera in Bury but nothing yet ....... thank you
Edited by: "aw08" 16th Oct
Sorry to tell you this but the police won't be out looking for your car. We had one stolen worth way more than a ten year old Hyundai and all they said was it will be in a container being shipped overseas by now. Turned out it was actually abandoned in the next town along and sat there for months until someone reported it. As it has been written off by that point by the insurance company, the only way we found this out was because it got stuck up the auction and the purchaser traced us as previous owners to ask if we had any of the original paperwork. All the police did was accuse me of being negligent because I got up at three in the morning to let the cat out and someone got into the house and stole the keys in the five minutes I was waiting for the animal to come back in again
Damn any idea how they managed to steal it?
I've got the a 09 plate i10 so your post has got me little nervous.
I'll keep an eye out, but I'm a good 50+ miles away.

I hope you get it back all safe and sound with only a few extra miles on the clock to show for it.
It does suck when this happens, I had my truck stolen with all my tools straight off the driveway, never saw it again. How thay managed it I don't know as it not an easy driveway to navigate

FYI - never accept the first amount the insurance company offer, think I refused to accept two offers third was ok though.
aw0816/10/2019 08:31

Thank you So Much you have made me feel better ..... some of these …Thank you So Much you have made me feel better ..... some of these comment left me hopeless i feel traumatized and so upset by the event its self while i was working ..... i do not know what to do next i know its only a car nobody died , but i feel helpless ....i just hoped someone may see or notice my Car dumped somewhere after the joy ride ran out of petrol !thank you for your comment and support i am ringing the police every day ..... no news yet ...... i don't know what to do next ...... FB was suggested but i am not really sure how that works , if you have to have followers to re message it ? !its all i can think about ..... i am re running it in my mind constantly ....... i really thought it would have been found by now ?? maybe by being seen on a camera in Bury but nothing yet ....... thank you

The thing here is to keep as positive as you can in such a situation. As you rightly said - no one has been hurt (unless the thieving scummers crashed - in which case, ha!) and you may hear something soon. I've never had it happen to me personally so I can't offer any 'valuable' advice other than have a read of this:

gov.uk/wha…len

Have you been in touch with your insurer to report the vehicle as stolen? If not, it needs to be the next thing you do as you should already have a "Crime Reference Number" to give them. Then, let things take their natural course. As said by others, there's probably no point (other than making you feel useful) in combing the area local to you as it could potentially be hundreds of miles away.

It's easy to say "It's only a car" but sometimes our cars become like your favourite pet that you've lost. Having spent possibly years in it and looking after it, it becomes a part of you. I hope this doesn't jog a painful memory but I trust there was nothing of value - sentimental or otherwise - in the car? You might want to include this in your report to the insurer if there was.

Keep us posted of any development @aw08 but most of all, keep your chin up.

Kind regards, Phsy.
@aw08

I see you've expired the thread aw08. Has there been a development? A good outcome perhaps? I hope so.

All the best, Phsy.
Not to steal aw08's thunder but I noticed they hadn't updated with the good news.

In case you were wondering: They got their car back.

Fantastic result.
Phsycronix03/11/2019 14:16

Not to steal aw08's thunder but I noticed they hadn't updated with the …Not to steal aw08's thunder but I noticed they hadn't updated with the good news.In case you were wondering: They got their car back.Fantastic result.

Very kind of you to return it I hope you replaced the tyres after all those burnouts and gave it a good service
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants