My cats nose...?

Found 3rd Mar
So my cat is always galavanting about and comes back abit dirty sometimes but I've noticed he keeps getting a dirty nose.. I've tried looking online for some info and it keeps coming back the things coming out of his nose i.e. Boogers but I don't think this is that as it's only on the outside. I think it's dirt but I'm wondered if any fellow cat owners on here know what it is and what's best to clean it with as it doesn't just easily come off with water and I don't want to use soap.
I'm wondering is johnsons baby shampoo and water ok to use?
Thanks everyone :-)

2903578-lhPU0.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I won’t comment anything about your cat.. I already have you not replied to a msg about her(annoyed)
HSG12 m ago

I won’t comment anything about your cat.. I already have you not replied t …I won’t comment anything about your cat.. I already have you not replied to a msg about her(annoyed)

Oh sorry was it on the other thread? I'll have a look through sorry I didn't realise
LeahsMintytoutou7 m ago

Oh sorry was it on the other thread? I'll have a look through sorry I …Oh sorry was it on the other thread? I'll have a look through sorry I didn't realise

Nah. I inboxed you after the Alfie situation. Seems you had too much at your hands tho.
It's a cat it will clean its own nose when and where it sees fit.
HSG18 m ago

Nah. I inboxed you after the Alfie situation. Seems you had too much at …Nah. I inboxed you after the Alfie situation. Seems you had too much at your hands tho.

oh I am sorry I didn't see or maybe I did n didn't register. If I looked at later in the night I'd have forgotten. Very sorry I'll reply now
GAVINLEWISHUKD9 m ago

It's a cat it will clean its own nose when and where it sees fit.

But it clearly isn't doing a great job. He's never had this before. I know cats have special ear cleaning solution which clears away the dirt amazingly. So I thought there might be something similar for the nose. It's proper stuck on there whatever it is. Don't want him to get scabs or sores because of it
LeahsMintytoutou5 m ago

oh I am sorry I didn't see or maybe I did n didn't register. If … oh I am sorry I didn't see or maybe I did n didn't register. If I looked at later in the night I'd have forgotten. Very sorry I'll reply now

It’s ok .. reading all about your efforts to hold it together and be poetic .. I’d say ‘job well done ‘
Haha it's hard being me I better get of the sofa and do something. Off work and making the most of it
LeahsMintytoutou6 m ago

But it clearly isn't doing a great job. He's never had this before. I know …But it clearly isn't doing a great job. He's never had this before. I know cats have special ear cleaning solution which clears away the dirt amazingly. So I thought there might be something similar for the nose. It's proper stuck on there whatever it is. Don't want him to get scabs or sores because of it

If it's as stuck on as you say then the cat has probably already tried cleaning it. In that case it's probably oil from under a car. You can't clean it off. Just leave it and the cats body will shed it's skin naturally over time.
Ok Thankyou
I’d leave it. Our boy carries out micro- forensic examinations of any cars or vans on his patch. He’d hate his nose being touched I’m sure. When he comes in with marks here and there around his nose, they go, in time.
Yep as above he's probably sniffing around or sheltering under parked cars like mien does. As long as he's not in any discomfort I'd leave well be
I have two cats who have this, both from their food (neither are outside cats). Some cotton wool with some water on and gently rubbing the mark it will gradually come off. If the cat won’t let you though, I’d just leave it, it’s no big deal. If your cat is getting a bit older it will probably keep happening. Also I wouldn’t use any form of soap on a cats nose, it’s their most sensitive part of their body
Edited by: "choccie32" 3rd Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions