Groups

My Computer keeps restarting everytime i put in a cd + start up itunes

Hey i installed the enw iunes 8.0 and its been nothing but hassle - everytime id put a cd in on itunes my computer would crash and then yesterday my itunes wiped itself

Anyway ive deleted itunes 8.0 but it still does it and i cant work out whats wrong with the cd drive - everytiime - bam it restarts

Need help asap

Daniel

4 Comments

Dont put a CD in and dont start iTunes then :thumbsup:

but seriouly, Im not sure about this one, never come across it before

check your event viewer see whats going on.

alternatively if you can remember when you installed i-tunes 8 then just restore your pc to a restore point just before you installed i-tunes. That should definitely work. Let me know how u get on.

Original Poster

Ive just tried it by putting a cd in and it crashes the computer and restarts it regardless of itunes starting up

Original Poster

Gunna try this

Click start then right click my computer, click properties then advanced, click settings for start up and recovery, remove tick from automatically restart, click OK and then apply.

Load a CD and see if it tells you what the error is, instead of restarting

EDIT DID THE ABOVE AND GOT A BLUE SCREEN WHICH THEN RESTARTED AND THEN I HAVE THAT RECOVERED FROM SERIOUS ERROR THINGY

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 806D2753 BCP3 : B8C05B0CBCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

tHE FOLLOWING FILES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THIS ERROR REPORT
    C:\DOCUME~1\Family\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0bbb.dir00\Mini100908-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Family\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0bbb.dir00\sysdata.xml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***115
      2. word association Game73944488
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767269
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047113

See more discussions