Groups

My consumer rights?

The hoover we bought from Argos has stopped picking up, so we called argos shop we got it from and asked for an exchange/replacement. it was bought on the 17.11.15.

The person said the price is now £279.99 and we paid £149.99 and we may have to pay the difference, but depends what the manager says tomorrow when we go in.

Can they charge us for the difference if we just want it replaced as being faulty?

NOTE: it is a dyson DC19 2015 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

Thanks

14 Comments

I would say that if you can hear the motor you need to clean the filters and check for a blockage.

Never ask instore with Argos always call customer service.

No.

But you're not entitled to a replacement or refund yet.

You must give them a chance to fix the problem.

If however it can't be repaired they should replace and NOT charge you the difference.

Neither should they refund if a replacement (even if at a higher price ) is in stock.

But I suspect it will be sent away to nanufacturer for repair - and will be repaired but in the meantime you won't have a hoover. ...

As previously stated if the motors running normally it should pick up ok unless you have a full bin or something blocking the pipe or filter . You should check that first to save embarrassment when taking it back as you will look a bit daft if its just a blockage .

As it's over 6 months, you need to prove an inherent fault. Or you rely on Argos and their warranty.

should be one year warranty, straight swap

otherwise call manufacturing company direct l. with proof of purchase they'll probably replace. vax are brilliant like that.

Get dyson to fix it, as it would have a 5 year guarantee. They would come to your house and replace whatever part is needed, have used them before.

If it's a dyson and you have your proof of purchase they will come out to you within 5 days and replace if they cannot repair. Your guarantee is with dyson after 28 days

Speak to Dyson, as long as you registered it at the time, or you have proof of purchase and can do it now, you'll get a lot more sense out of them than Argos

DizzyOne

If it's a dyson and you have your proof of purchase they will come out to … If it's a dyson and you have your proof of purchase they will come out to you within 5 days and replace if they cannot repair. Your guarantee is with dyson after 28 days

According to Argos policy yes, but not your legal consumer rights.

The contract is with Argos and it is Argos responsibility, however probably better dealing with Dyson directly, however that would void any option of a refund.

Argos have the right to offer repair and if the repair fails then you can request a refund. If you go via Dyson the option of a refund is gone.

If it is the end of the line for the Dyson, I would recommend a Vax next. They often have brilliant clearance sales on so you can pick them up really cheap although I appreciate you may not have time to wait. Their customer service is brilliant. I think you were a little unlucky with whoever you spoke to in store, Ive never had a problem with Argos. If the manager doesn't tell you what you want to hear, try the Customer Service or a polite complaint via social media. Good luck.

I have said it many times on this site, you get no judgements, opinions, advice from me - just plain facts. In terms of your cinsumer rights based upon what has been said, go to this web page from Citizens Advice - answer 2 simple questions and it will return to you a step-by-step plan to achieve what is possible.
    Consumer > Return faulty goods
    Be prepared to answer challenging questions from the retailer - for instance in this case whether you have carried out routine cleaning and maintenance expected of you in this period.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help, all sorted, they exchanged it with no fuss in the shop.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Dashcam question59
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming59
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription810
      4. Gaming Monitor65

See more discussions