Groups

My credit card is no more :(

I've been a victim of credit card fraud and just had to cut up my beloved cc. I have to wait 10 days before I get a new one - how will I feed my HDUK addiction? Please no one post any amazing deals for the next 10 days!!

And before anyone says it, yes, I do have a debit card and no, I do not spend beyond my means. I just always buy everything on my cc - I love it

Sniff sniff, just needed to tell some fellow HDUKers who would feel my pain.

10 Comments

buy a prepaid one

Banned

I spend beyond my means all the frickin time and I frickin love it mate.

Original Poster

vibeone;5196340

Haha - excellent. :thumbsup:
    Wasn't dissing anyone who does spend beyond their means, was just pre-empting the comments fron people about the evils of credit cards!

vibeone;5196340

The joys of 0% interest freet. I keep saying to myself every year. This is the year that I will not apply for one, but then another company comes with an impressive deal with 9, 10 or 12 months interest free in purchases.

Last deal M&S 10 months 0% for purchases. :thumbsup:

OP You should always try to keep at least two credit cards to avoid this situation

Original Poster

asandino;5196464

The joys of 0% interest freet. I keep saying to myself every year. This … The joys of 0% interest freet. I keep saying to myself every year. This is the year that I will not apply for one, but then another company comes with an impressive deal with 9, 10 or 12 months interest free in purchases. Last deal M&S 10 months 0% for purchases. :thumbsup:OP You should always try to keep at least two credit cards to avoid this situation

I know, it would be sensible wouldnt it! I never thought it would take so long to issue a new card... I'll have a look for another cc deal today.

Banned

I have 4 credit cards, because I just can't say no to cashback deals.

Need to ditch some tho!

10 days for a replacement is a long wait, which company is it, so that we can avoid them?

Original Poster

Inactive;5196769

10 days for a replacement is a long wait, which company is it, so that we … 10 days for a replacement is a long wait, which company is it, so that we can avoid them?

It is with Nationwide. They told me 7-10 working days which I thought was a long time too. Am hoping it comes quicker than that!

Snakebite;5196777

It is with Nationwide. They told me 7-10 working days which I thought … It is with Nationwide. They told me 7-10 working days which I thought was a long time too. Am hoping it comes quicker than that!

Whoops, I have a Nationwide Credit Card.. :x

Original Poster

I recieved my replacement card yesterday so all fine now & thankfully nowhere near the 10 days I was told it would take. Phew.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions