Expired

My Daughter has an Ipod but after shopping this evening she really wants a tablet for Christmas. I think I'm a bit behind with the times but I was just wandering if the two are worth having or if they're too similar to each other?

12 replies
Found 1st Dec 2014
Ipod/tablet difference's.

12 Comments

Main difference is size - screen size and portability. They often run the same apps (assuming it's an iPod touch and not the iPod classic).

The two main types of tablets are iPads which run the same software as iPods, and android ones which are cheaper but you lose cross compatibility

iPod=music-depending on type may show movies etc

tablet=everything else
internet,music,apps,movies,tv

Original Poster

Thanks but she has all that on her Ipod. In fact she uses those apps more than the music!

louisebarker

Thanks but she has all that on her Ipod. In fact she uses those apps more … Thanks but she has all that on her Ipod. In fact she uses those apps more than the music!

Thatll be why shes wanting a tablet then. While she may be able to do those things fine on an iPod, obviously with a tablet it will be on a much larger screen. I can only do so much on my phone which has a larger display than an iPod before I give in and grab my tablet.

My personal opinion (and experience):

I wouldn't worry about the tablet. I have an ipod (which I use everyday with earphones and a dock as well) for music. If I want to use apps and basic web browsing, I use my phone. For anything more, like Microsoft Word, or a lot of web browsing (usually when I have spare time), then I use my laptop.

To me, the tablet wouldn't be used for much, except for maybe Xbox Smartglass (if you have an Xbox that is!) or the same that my phone can do. The only pro would be the bigger screen.

That's just my opinion though.

if she wants it for christmas then let her make that choice.

Of course she needs a tablet.

ilovepinkmilk

My daughter has both, we bought her an iPod Touch then the grandparents … My daughter has both, we bought her an iPod Touch then the grandparents bought her a tablet (Even though we said not too). Its hardly been touched. The Ipod is easier to carry around with her and better for her music. She has even read books on it although I advised her not too. I wouldn't bother with a tablet but if you do keep everything (box, reciept ect) so you can sell it if she doesn't use it.If she is old enough and you haven't got one already then a laptop might be a good idea for her homework. Schools want everything done on computers now. Just make sure you have all of the parental settings set up ect.

Original Poster

That's my worry that it's false economy and won't get used. Bit awkward as the Man himself has been asked for it!

Let Santa decide..

Original Poster

She wants one of the small galaxy tabs, any deals any where? Thanks.

type in galaxy tablet in the search button.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47381
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions